Chapter 68

"He had it coming."

Tw: panic attack

"Hi Jade- and you're gone," Melissa furrowed her eyebrows when her niece stormed right past her, not even bothering to acknowledge her existence. There was already loud arguing coming from inside the house. Something was about to go down, and she had a feeling it wasn't going to be something good. In fact, it would probably be the complete opposite.

"That doesn't make any sense, Dad! Who are you helping? Just get out! I can't believe you'd do that to my best friend!" Scott yelled while Max ate a bag of chips, observing it like a movie scene.

"I'm not doing anything to your friend. I'm doing my job-"

The house was momentarily stunned into silence. The right side of Rafael's face had a deep red print across it while Jade shook her hand about. Christ, that had hurt! She didn't know why she'd done it. She'd just been so consumed with rage, it had taken over her. It wasn't even Rafael's fault; he was just the person she had decided to take her anger out on. Well, it was partially his fault.

He turned to look at her, mouth hanging open in shock. The nerve this girl had!

"You're a fucking bastard! How could you do this to Noah? You've been here two minutes and you're already stealing his job?" she shrugged Max's arm off her shoulder, feeling the anger bubble in her stomach and move it's way up to her chest.

"Who the hell do you think you are! I can sue you for assault!" he exclaimed, pointing his finger in her face.

"Oh, yeah? What are you gonna sue me for, huh? I'm an unemployed sixteen year old with no money. You can't sue me for shit that I don't have!"

"Jade," Melissa yanked the girl back after seeing her eyes flicker purple. "Calm. Down," she warned in a firm voice. The twins and the woman glanced to Scott, who was breathing deeply and his claws were starting to appear. "Scott. Calm down. Come with me, right now."

The mother and son left the room, giving the twins the task of keeping Rafael busy so he wouldn't go out to see what was happening.

"Anger problems. Get's stressed easily," Max made up. He wasn't angry that Jade had hit him. In fact, he was quite proud. If he'd had a bit more liquid courage, he would have done it himself. The man had it coming.

Jade groaned in frustration, opening and closing cupboards. She grabbed the first thing she saw, which happened to be a jar of nutella. She jumped up on the counter, eating it by the spoonful while simultaneously glaring daggers at the man in front of her. God, she would end up slapping him again one day. "You can go home now. You don't live here. You know where the door is, please let it hit you on the way out."

~

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet," Stiles commented, holding his flashlight in front of him so they could see where they were going. They'd been walking for ages, their legs beginning to feel weak. "And if it turns out to be triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that."

"God, I'm getting déjà vu," Max grimaced, almost tripping over his own feet. Scott had another wonderful bonding experience for them to go on. Looking for a dead body in the middle of the night! But wait, here was the good part... the body of Malia Tate, who they had no clue if she was even dead or not! They knew exactly how well looking for a body had turned out last time and they didn't exactly feel like repeating it.

A coyote howled, scaring the living daylights out of them. Jade slipped in some mud but grabbed onto Max which resulted in him being dragged down with her. Stiles lost his balance, but remained standing. Instead, he grabbed onto Scott, making him drop his phone in a puddle of water.