Chapter 155 - Winter BBQ

It has now been about 2 and a bit weeks since Leviathan took Lillian, or more accurately, Lillian went with Leviathan. So far, there has been absolutely no word on both the Leviathan and Lillian front. From everything that the DEO, Alex, J'onn, Sam, Lena and Kara have been doing, it looks like everything to do with Leviathan has just gone quiet. Kara likes to take it as a good sign, and hopes that maybe it is Lillian's doing, however, Lena is a lot less optimistic. Lena thinks that it might all just be the calm before the storm.

Presently though it is the weekend, and Kara, Alex, Sam, Alura, Ruby and Lena have all decided to spend a nice relaxing day together, just to get a break from all the other things that have been going on in their lives. Needless to say, both Alura and Ruby absolutely love spending time together, so have been excited about the prospect, and the group of adults enjoy each other's company as well. So, today it has been decided that the group would spend a nice relaxing Saturday at Alex, Ruby and Sam's home. They decided upon this because, although it is early December, the weather is still nice, and today is a warm (not hot) day. So, the adults have made the decision to take advantage of it by sitting outside, with Alex doing a barbeque. Of course, the group could have sat outside in Kara and Lena's penthouse rooftop garden, but it wouldn't be the same. Despite everything, the garden isn't really a garden, it just looks like one, with the grass being fake and everything, and then when the wind comes, it can get extremely cold.

"So, what are we having to eat today?" Kara asks, as she and Lena step outside into the garden, having just arrived, while Ruby and Alura have gone running up to Ruby's bedroom.

Sam and Lena chuckles, while Alex rolls her eyes.

"Of course, as usual, the first thing you ask about is food, no 'Hi Alex, it's really nice to see you'" Alex says.

"I'm hungry! And I need to consume a lot of calories! It's not my fault!" Kara pouts.

Alex rolls her eyes again.

"I swear, you'd trade me for a burger." Alex mutters.

"I wouldn't!" Kara pouts again.

Sam, Lena and Alex now give Kara knowing looks.

"Okay... maybe like 2 burgers..." Kara relents.

"Typical." Alex mutters, rolling her eyes once more.

Lena and Sam laugh at the sisters' antics.

"Anyway, I got us a collection of meats to have that Alex has so kindly offered to cook on the barbeque." Sam says, looking at Alex lovingly.

"Thanks babe." Alex smiles back.

"What meats?" Kara asks.

"Some steaks, sausages, burgers, ribs and chicken. So, we have a little of everything basically." Sam explains.

"Oooo.... That sounds really nice...." Kara replies, literally licking her lips as she thinks about all the delicious food she will soon be eating.

"Careful darling, I think you are drooling." Lena teases.

Kara turns and pouts at Lena in response to her fiancé saying that, but Lena then responds by taking Kara in for a kiss, which quickly removes the pout from Kara's face.

"Okay... enough you two..." Alex says, "Kara, as you are so eager to start eating the food, why don't you help me start cooking everything, and Lena and Sam can head inside to cut up the salad."

"Eww, salad. That's gross." Kara says, turning up her nose.

Sam and Lena chuckle, while Alex rolls her eyes for the fourth time already today.