Chapter 17

Newt stares at Grindelwald for a minute in complete and utter confusion. Grindelwald stares back with that intense look like he needs to know if the man who cursed him is running free or not. Newt tilts his head again and isn't sure how to answer that.

"Is," Newt pauses and blinks again. "What?" Grindelwald blinks and his eyes soften. 

"The man who sent you here, is he at MACUSA or did he get away?" Grindelwald repeats softer this time and Newt is just as bewildered as the first time he heard it. 

"He's, wait. Why do you want to know?" Newt backs up when Grindelwald starts to advance on him and Grindelwald stops. 

"Because he deserves to be punished for harming you." Grindelwald's response is said easily and without hesitation. Newt gapes at him for a second, before shaking his head.

"And the Aurors that are there?" Newt watches Grindelwald closely and watches as he sighs before making eye contact with him.

"I won't harm any of them Newton," Newt breathes a soft sigh in relief. "Even if they deserve it." Is muttered and Newt pretends he didn't hear that part.

"Yes, they have him. I sent a Stupefy at him before passing out." Newt says simply and Grindelwald grins.

"Wonderful, thank you Newton. Now, did you happen to see what that man looked like?" Grindelwald smiles at him.

"Um, tall. I think he had a long brown coat on, a beard too." Newt responds, trying to recall the details.

"Great, now if you'll excuse me, I must go see to it that he is punished." Grindelwald states matter of factly, before turning to sweep out of the room.

"Wait!" Newt shouts and Grindelwald freezes, Newt flushes he probably didn't need to shout. "That, that's it?" Grindelwald turns to face him.

"I'm sorry, was there something else you wanted to ask me?" Grindelwald frowns and Newt blinks at him .

"No, I just, that was the only question you wanted to ask me?" Newt furrows his brows and stares at Grindelwald trying to see if he's somehow pulling Newt's leg.

"Yes, I think we'll have time to ask more questions later. Don't worry, I'll find you." Grindelwald winks and then Disaperates out of the room. Newt stands there for a while wondering what the hell just happened.

The nurse comes bustling back in a couple minutes later and runs more diagnostic charms over Newt when she sees that Grindelwald is gone, just checking she assures him.

________________________

Gellert Apperates directly in front of MACUSA. He would just Apperate right inside but he knows that would be too much of a risk, they probably have figured out that he's escaped by now. Although even if they haven't, Gellert will have to be smart about this. He changes his appearance subtly and enters MACUSA like he needs to be somewhere important.

This works of course because no one stops anyone if they look like they know where they're going and don't look out of place. Gellert knows exactly where he's going and who he's looking for. His fingers are itching to tear the man a part and frankly Gellert still hasn't decided how to deal with him. Perhaps he'll figure that out once he gets there, he wants him to suffer like Newton had.

He reaches the cells and quickly stuns the guards, he did promise Newton he wouldn't harm anyone else. Gellert lets the spell that changed his appearance fade away and walks slowly past all the cells. Some of the prisoners start to cheer, they probably figure he's here to break them out, which he will, maybe.  He turns to the cell that he's passing and glances at the man inside.

"Where is the man with the long brown coat, he has a beard as well. Hit someone with a spell before being captured." Gellert stares at the man intently and waits for his response.

"The second last cell, my Lord." He responds and Gellert nods at him before sweeping off in that direction.

The man doesn't have his coat and he's sitting a little stiffly, Gellert narrows his eyes. Rage rushes through his veins and he casts a wordless Alohomora, the man looks up as the door swings open. His face lights up when he sees Gellert, but upon seeing his expression he shrinks back and presses his back to the wall.

"You hit someone with the Crucio before being taken? A man with a blue coat." Gellert demands more than asks and the man whimpers. 

"Yes, my Lord." He murmurs and the rage intensifies. 

"Crucio," Gellert mutters and the man squirms and begins to scream. "Let this be a lesson to everyone here." Gellert raises his voice to be heard by the rest of his followers who have all fallen silent.

"Newt Scamander is not to be harmed in anyway." There is a chorus of 'yes my Lord' around the room and Gellert grins darkly.

He lifts the Crucio and simply kills the man, he doesn't have time to linger anymore. The other people within the building must have heard the screams, they need to leave now. Gellert unlocks all of their cells and directs them toward the storage room where there wands and such will be. 

Once that's done he Apperates right back to the hospital to check on Newton. Only Newton isn't in his room when he gets there and Gellert has a moment of panic where he thinks that maybe they moved him, or something else happened to him. But he spys the case laying on the ground and frowns, Newton would never leave without his case. 

Sure enough Newton's curly head pops out a minute later and he startles when he looks up to find Gellert standing there silently. 

"Oh, you're back." Newton blurts simply and Gellert grins.

"Why Newton, did you miss me?" Gellert teases and watches as Newton raises an eyebrow.

"You gave the mediwitches quite the fright you know." Gellert smiles at the deflection and nods.

"Yes, well that tends to happen when you're a Dark Lord and all." Newton rolls his eyes and Gellert takes a step closer. "How are you feeling?" Newton blinks at the question and stares at him.

"I'm fine, they just wanted to make sure there were no lasting effects caused by the spell, so they kept me a little longer." Newton replies slowly and Gellert nods before narrowing his eyes.

"You won't mind if I double check, would you?" Gellert wants to make sure Newton is really okay.

"Double check what exactly?" Newton frowns and Gellert tires to reassure him with a softer smile. 

"Just a quick diagnostic spell, just like the mediwitches use." Gellert explains and Newton nods hesitantly. 

Gellert doesn't bother with his wand, he can tell Newton would be happy if that was pointed at him. So he does the spell wandless and wordless, he's practiced it enough to know the spell by heart. Newton looks surprised when Gellert's magic runs over his skin and Gellert sighs in relief when the results come away normal.

And then the door to the room opens and in walk Percival Graves who freezes when he sees Gellert and then raises his wand with a quick glance at Newton, scanning him for injuries. Gellert didn't know they knew each other, this might be difficult.