Forty-Nine

[|]

This was not happening. I had to be dreaming because there was no way that Andrea, the girl who wanted Lucas was standing across from me. I had to be having a bad dream.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and my lips parted to form words. "Uh, Jackie? I asked a question."

"I... I was here for... I came here to get... Lucas hired me to... To clean...to clean his house. Yes, he hired me to clean his house. W-what are you doing here?" I was shaking on the inside as Andrea eyed me with a blank expression on her face.

"I came here because I wanted to see Lucas. Besides, I am his woman and can visit anytime I want, he said so. What kind of a question is that?" She asked and I shrugged.

Andrea crossed her arms and walked toward me. She looked around the place before her eyes settled on me.

"Where's Lucas?"

"I don't know. I found the house empty when I arrived," I answered and turned my body away to scrunch my face in agony.

"You know what I hate?" She asked and I gulped then I heard footsteps behind me.

"W-hat?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Men who cheat and lie to me or when others do the same. Remember this?"

I turned around and saw the same body wash from the party in her hand. She was grimacing with the bottle raised close to her shoulder.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Remember when we were back in the dorm and I had no body wash left? You gave this same type to me three different times and I remember you saying this has been the only body wash you use. Do you remember? Now, you can quite the pretense," Andrea said in a cold tone and tossed the bottle aside.

I flinched at the sound of it hitting the floor and her tone then stared wide-eyed at her.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Shut the fuck up! Just stop it! Stop with the drama already!" Andrea barked and walked up to me then slapped me across my face.

I gasped and touched my stinging cheek. I could not believe she had just slapped me and anger boiled in me at her audacity.

"Why did you do that?"

Andrea hissed. "You! You piece of shit is the cause of my relationship with Lucas getting ruined."

"Excuse me?"

"You lied to me that you didn't know him!"

"Yes, I did and I am still telling the truth. I don't know Lucas!"

Andrea growled. "Enough! Enough already! Stop lying to me! It's because of you that Lucas can't focus on me anymore. It's because of you, he can't be sweet with me anymore!"

I backed away when she stepped forward, anger painting her face red.

"Did you think I would not find out the truth? I have been growing suspicious from day one! You should not have lied when you said you didn't live with him!"

"I'm sorry, okay? I was afraid of what you would think of me if you know a girl who lives with the guy you liked," I said softly and she scoffed.

"You're nothing but a whore! A gold-digging whore! You knew that he was rich and when you saw I was interested in him, you decided to latch yourself on to him! You never liked me so you decided to take him away from me!"

I was weak to my bones at how crass her words were. My eyes were wide in shock and my heart began to beat faster from anger. She had no right to say such to me even if her feelings were justified.

"Listen to me—"

"No, you listen!" She cut me off and pointedly at my face. "I started suspecting the both of you the day you introduced me to him. He was too protective that night. He wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying the whole night. When we were sitting together, I was able to see his phone since he wasn't paying attention to me. I saw him send a text to you, asking if you're at home and that he'll be back soon!"

I was stunned because I did not remember Lucas sending such a text. Right now, I was feeling confused and heated by her annoyance.

"I became more suspicious and checked his phone on the day we first had sex. He went to the bathroom and I quickly went through his phone, luckily I had seen him type his password. I saw text threads between you two, asking about food items, this and that, that and this. I hated you from there! I still hate you! I started to make it known to you that he was mine but Lucas... Lucas has not touched nor kissed me or even slept with me since we first did and it's all because of you!"

Before I knew what was happening, I was shoved back with so much force that I staggered backward and saw myself falling. I landed with a heavy thump onto the floor and fortunately did not hit my head although my body hurt from the fall.

I hissed and stared up at Andrea whose chest was rising up and down so fast.

"You are nothing but a whore! Gold-digging whore! Do you think Lucas likes you? You think because he's brainwashed you to think you're the one for him since you live with him that he'll love you?"

I balled my fists in anger as she glared at me with so much venom.

"I hate you so much!" She said and rushed to me but I dodged.

The front door opened and Lucas ran in, eyes wide in concern. When he took in the atmosphere, he rushed to my side and cupped my cheeks. He helped me to my feet and I hissed when I felt a dull pain on my lower back.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" He whispered as he rubbed his fingers against my cheeks. "I heard voices just outside the door. Tell me she didn't hurt you."

"Wow! I can't believe you lied to me all this time!"

I bowed my head and Lucas hissed then turned around. I raised my head at the abruptness of his movement.

"I already told you an hour ago that you mean nothing to me! Who gave you the right to come to my house to attack someone I care about?!"

I did a double take at his words.

Lucas cared about me? In what way did he mean that?

A/N: Was waiting for this chapter to happen. More will be revealed soon.

Please, leave a comment and vote.