9 | hot n cold

***********************************************************************

You ever just lay in bed before it's time to get ready for school and just contemplate life? I think it's become one of my new favorite hobbies because I find myself doing it a lot lately.

Today is no different. I'm currently in bed lying down on my side, thinking about everything that's happened recently. I'm still mesmerized by the events that took place yesterday. Thoughts of Edward continue to swirl in my mind.

I yawn as I sit up in bed, realizing that I need to start getting dressed for school soon. With my hand, I massage the back of my head. My hand running through my hair reminds me of yesterday, when Edward and I laid back in the grass. I smile to myself, soaking up the memory. It causes shivers to run down my spine.

Beep! Beep!

My mind snaps to attention. A car horn just honked outside. I don't think anything of it as I approach my bedroom window. I suspect that it's just one of the neighbors up and at um early this morning. I curiously open the curtains and gaze out the window. It's dark and dreary outside as usual.

I look farther down, and my eyes widen at the sight of Edward. He has his car parked in front of the house. He's leaning comfortably against his car, obviously waiting for me to come out the front door.

I shake my head and quickly close the curtains in embarrassment. My cheeks turn pink. I've never had a boy pick me up and take me to school before. That's usually reserved for couples only.

Is that what we are? A couple? I haven't thought about it until now. No, we're not an official couple yet. We haven't really talked about it. The conversations that I had with him yesterday were mostly just us getting to know each other better.

I shake my head again. It still is really sweet of Edward to come pick me up for school. A new thought occurs to me. How does Edward know where I live? I never told him, and he's never been here before. Unless, unless he has . . . and those hallucinations I had of him were actually real . . . I'll have to ask him about it later. I just found out he was a vampire yesterday, so there's no doubt more information about him that I need to confirm and find out.

I shake with excitement. I can't wait to spend more time with him today. Now that I know his secret, and he's opened apart of his life to me, my life here in Forks is never going to be dull again.

*Time Skip*

Edward opens the car door for me. I hop out of the car and put my backpack on, blushing the entire time.

"Thank you," I say with slight embarrassment. I step out of the way while he closes the door.

Today, Edward is wearing his usual choice of clothes, a coat of course. But he's also wearing dark sunglasses, making him look ten times cooler than he already is. His bronze hair is extra messy today which only adds to the look.