~CHAPTER 9~

"All the cloud in
me are raining"
- R.H Sin
__________________
Song name: Youngblood
Artist (s): 5 seconds of summer

It has been two hours since Ariana has gone into surgery and four hours since the incident on the road with Robert, the second-in-command of the Swedish Mafia

And I am getting anxious by the minute.

What if she dies and I did not have time to make up for the way that I have treated her since she arrived at our household?

'Shut up Alexander. She was just shot in the leg, not the heart or head' my subconscious said.

As much as I hate him, he is right. She was only shot in the leg, not any vital organs.

I heard the door of the waiting room open, and in came Zoe Kingstone. My step-mom and Ariana's mom.

By her face, I could tell that she was crying. I mean her daughter just got shot in the leg and is in the OR getting an operation. She has to be worried, sad, and angry.

I wish my biological mom was like Zoe. I would have had a happier childhood.

"How are doing honey?" A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. It was Zoe's motherly voice.

The voice that makes me want to cry, break down and tell her every one of my secrets.

"Peachy. I should be asking you that question though," I said as she came and sat beside me.

"I am good. Besides, I am overreacting a bit," she said, chuckling a bit at the end.

"No, you're not overreacting. Your daughter just got shot and is in the OR getting operated on for more than two hours. I would act the same if I was in your position," I said as she smiled so wide at me that she hugged me. I stiffened a bit before returning the hug.

I see what Dad sees in her, If my future girlfriend or wife has her personality, then I would definitely love her like Dad does Zoe. We broke the hug and she kissed me on the head lovingly before laying her head on my shoulder.

Suddenly, the doctor came into the waiting room, reading his clipboard.

He looked up at us, looking both relieved and scared at the same time.

I mean, we are in the Italian Mafia after all.

"Family of Ariana Ava Kingstone?" He asked out as I and Zoe got out of our seats.

"Um, we need her guardian as well," he said, getting scared for his life. I glared at him. Does she not see Zoe standing right in front of him? Is he blind? Before I could say anything, Zoe spoke up.

"I am her mother. Tell us unless you want to face my true nature," Zoe said in a cold tone. I looked at her in a bit of shock. Zoe is never, I mean never, rude.