Chapter 65: Hunters

Chapter 65

Hunters

"What time do you think you'll be done?"

"I'll just walk home, or see if someone can give me a ride. It's nice out, so don't worry about it, mom."

"Alright, if you changed your mind let me know."

I ended the call and glanced around the parking lot. Chris hadn't shown up yet. He's the one that wanted to meet in the parking lot, and now, he was late. I looked down at my phone as my finger hovered over Titus's name. Just in case, I left a note by my computer, saying I was with Chris.

"Hey."

I turned around.

Chris nodded to me. "Hurry up, before someone sees."

We walked to the far end of the parking lot. Chris unlocked his truck, and we both climbed inside.

Chris grabbed the back of my neck and shoved my face down. "Stay like that until I tell you."

I laid over my knees, my heart rate starting to pick up. "I left a note for my parents Chris. Try something stupid, and they will tell Titus."

"Maybe I don't want the whole school seeing me with the fag, alright." He turned on the vehicle and pulled out of his parking spot.

I remained bent in half with my bookbag on the floor as we left the school and started down the road. "Can I get up yet?"

"No," he replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Paranoid much," I breathed. I turned my head the other way and looked out the window at the sky. This position was starting to get uncomfortable. "Chris, really? The glass is tinted, no one going to see me."

He didn't respond. Groaning, I stayed put and stared at my shoes. I reached down and picked some mud off my laces. This was starting to be ridiculous.

"Is it clear yet?"

Chris's eyes turned to me, before snapping back to the road. I was going to take that as a yes. I slowly started to raise up out of my seat.

"Where the hell are you going?" I turned around in my seat. "Pullover, pullover right now."

He sped up instead as we merged onto the highway.

"Chris! This isn't funny. Stop the truck now."

I received no reply. No way in hell was I being kidnapped by this psycho. I took out my phone. The brakes squealed as Chris slammed on them. I was thrown into the dash and my phone flew out of my hands. Chris snatched it as I tried to recover from having the air knocked out of me.

Pocketing it, he started driving again. "Put on your seatbelt, Aden, or I'll do it again."

"I came to talk," I exclaimed, as I did so. "That's it. I don't want to fight anymore."

His face remained emotionless.

"Why Chris? You've done enough, just stop."

He started to laugh. "I've been over all that for awhile." His eyes flashed to me. "Do you know how much a werewolf is worth, Aden?"

I stared at him.

"Fifteen grand. For one werewolf, and that's the middle rank one. The bigger ones bring in even more."

"How do you know that?" I backed up against the door.

"Research, Aden." He shifted in his seat. "After Titus let me on his little secret, I started searching the internet. Everything started to make sense, like that night at my party. He didn't get drunk and toxins, man those hurt like a bitch," he shook his head. "I knew a normal person couldn't have hit me that hard."