Chapter 14

Start of the school term

John get's up and starts to get ready for school, he notices that it was about 2 hours before school so he starts getting ready and starts to cook some stuff.

He checks the fridge but it was empty, he leaves the dorm in disappointment and goes to the local convenience store. He get some rice, some soy sauce, vegetables and some eggs, all the ingredients needed for the perfect egg fried rice.

He made his way back to the dorm and checks the cooking utensils given. 

He didn't have a wok with him here so he made use of a frying pan given to him in the pantry of his dorm.

Lets start with step 1, throw away Chili Jam, we don't use that shit here.

I start by cutting up my garlic, onion and spring onions, while I was doing that I boil my rice so it could cook.

I take my pan and put in the vegetable oil, I make sure to completely cover it with the oil.

I add the garlic and onion and let them cook. I realise the face that the rice will take a good amount of time to cook so I use a fire ability to speed up the process, with some pristine control the rice finished cooking quite fast, to not let it over cook and become sticky, I quickly cool it.

As the garlics and onion are cooking I add in the rice, a handful at a time, I add some sesame oil and I move it around so it doesn't clump up. Clumped up rice is as sad as me and my mom relationship. You don't even want to think about it.

I add in the soy sauce and the fragrance of the dish spreads through the dorm, I hear footsteps as I see a Seraphina who had just woken up walking towards me.

"Wha- are you cooking?" she asks me as I respond with a yeah

"What are you cooking, it smells really good" she says as I add in the eggs

"I am just making some egg fried rice" I respond as she says

"Egg fried rice? what is that?" she asks me as I just look at her in confusion

"It's an asian food. it's eaten a lot around the world. How do you not know of it?" I ask as she shrugs

"I have never heard of it so, yeah." she says as I hum to respond

I add in the spring onion as the garnish and take it off the stove.

"Well I just finished cooking it, you want some?" I ask her as she just says

"I mean, sure." she says with an unsure look as I serve the food in two plates and hand one to her

I started eating my food as I look over to Seraphina starting to take a bite, she eats a spoon and then-

She starts chowing down, it seems she liked my dish. I look at her and just smile, she looks like a child eating it.

"I- why are you looking at me like that?" she asks me as I start chuckling

"Nothing, you look very cute eating like that" I say with a smile, not registering what I said

"I-" she says before turning a shade of red

I look back down at my meal and continue eating as Sera just stares at me not knowing what to say. Eventually she just goes back to eating her share. 

"There's more right?" she asks as I nod

"Seconds please!" she exclaims as I giggle at her childish attitude

"Well since you asked so nicely, I can't refuse" I say in teasing tone as I give her the rest of the fried rice.