Chapter-54

Ashton's POV

I was so intoxicated by the enchantment of my wife's beauty. Beauty in her shining eyes, faint smile, actions and her soul. I had the best sleep last night with Arinya in my arms but I was wide awake since five am looking at her peaceful sleeping form. We were still wrapped in a duvet and our bodies tangled with each other's.

It was now seven in the morning. She blinked her eyes multiple times in order to adjust to the morning sunshine and stirred a little. I shut my eyes closed to act as if I am sleeping. She pecked my cheek lightly and tried to get off my hold. However, my arm was intentionally blocking her from moving. She tried to gently remove my arm off her but I nudged her backwards and flipped myself over her.

"So eager to get away from your day 1 husband, huh?"
I opened my eyes and mumbled cheekily.

She just chuckled to that.

"Good morning Mrs. Arinya Ashton King." I said proudly and she blushed.

"Good morning Mr. Ashton Arinya King." She replied and chuckled again at her own greeting.

"I surely adore the click of that."
I rubbed the tip of my nose in the crook of her neck. She looked sideways, biting her lower lip.

"Well, answer me one thing." I said.

"Yeah." She replied.

"What all do you do to me when I am actually sleeping, huh? For the record, your cheek kiss doesn't count because I was wide awake then."
I mumbled playfully.

"I do not do anything of the sort you're thinking. I..I just peck your cheeks normally."
Her cheeks turned red while she cutely explained it.

"Could you care to explain what do you mean by 'anything of the sort I am thinking'?"
I said amusingly.

"Uh you know...that only."
She said trying to indicate something with her eyes expression. Although I knew what she wanted to say but it's so much fun to puzzle her sometimes.

"What?"
I raised a questioning eyebrow at her.

"Intimate or uh...sexual stuff."
She replied innocently.

"For the love of God Arinya, is this what you think of me?"
I glanced sideways for a second in a dejected manner, trying to portray hurt from my expressions. Internally, I was laughing wickedly.

"No I mean..."
She tried to explain when I got off her and lied on my previously occupied position. She lifted her upper body to face me properly while adjusting the duvet as well.

"Ashton." She softly murmured. I again averted my gaze on the opposite side.

"Someone out here is faking anger... I wonder who could it be?"
She pouted and from my peripheral vision I could also see her tapping her index finger near her chin to enunciate 'I am in some deep thinking' .

"Umm who should I call to join me for a bubble bath?"
She intentionally spoke in a way that she's talking to herself and hovered over me to pick up her phone that was on my side of the nightstand.

Okay honey, don't do that while we are naked. Your man is trying to act mad here but is totally getting seduced and turned on by you without you even trying.
My subconscious screamed.

She grabbed the phone and peaked at me while I was already looking at her. I was on the verge of breaking into a stupid grin.

"Let me call my ex-boyfriend, atleast he loved me."
She returned back to her previous position and genuinely called someone after tapping on her phone for few seconds.