33. Agreement with the Sea

King Caspian’s Pov

Ava didn’t understand the amount of damage, she had caused by saying those words in my defense.

King Teta moved on impulse on what he felt. He didn’t give a damn about what anyone thought was right or not.

I knew I had to fix the impact of what she had done.

To avoid war amongst districts.

He knew the right tabs to press. Once he attacked a part of our neighboring Kingdom, they’d immediately think it came from me.

Thus, I set out men to prepare the ship. I would be sailing to the middle of the sea. Right where his Kingdom was positioned, to make immediate peace.

I made sure no crew was around, when I went to him. Setting boats aside in case anything went wrong.

He was as wild as that.

“Father.”

I summoned him, by calling out his name. Not that he couldn’t feel that a ship was right on top. He could. But I said it anyway, due to some formalities.

So, he knew I came in peace.

“Thought you conspired with your so-called mate to bring me down. Why are you here?”

He snarled at my words, landing on the ship with his staff. His light blue garment, coated in some sea shells.

“To apologize for my mate’s approach to things.”

I said, going on my knees in my peasant’s clothing. To take off attraction, I came in this disguise so no one knew they came in contact with a King.

I left Jaskier back at the castle to watch Ava and keep her out of harm’s way.

If this was the only way, then I didn’t mind doing this a million times. At his damned mercy.

He gave a dismissive expression, walking away from me with some sea water splattering from his clothing.

“And to beg for your forgiveness.” I added.

“Then beg,” he spat at me.

“With all due respects, I apologize. I should have stopped her earlier when she tried to defend me. My sins are far too dark, and I deserve that amount of punishment.”

I said, with a bow. It seemed he was being convinced, because he walked back to me.

“Get up.”

I did as he said immediately, standing to face him. Even though I was far taller, we both knew who was stronger. After taking the power of the sea, he grew undefeatable overtime.

“To prove your worthiness son, you must do something to prove your words. And seal them.”

He stated, with a stern expression on his features.

“What is it? Tell me. I’m willing to do anything you ask for the sake of my Kingdom.”

And to prevent war.

Anything…

“An arranged marriage with your original betrothed, Princess Evealah. The marriage will be in one week.”

“An arranged marriage?”

“You heard me. I knew you would be back, thus; I already contacted her father.” he swiftly answered.

“He said she is still untouched, and has been waiting for your call. Very much fertile as a Nymph should be.”

All these years… Evealah has been betrothed to me. She was quite forgotten until now.