5.4

'Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit.'

'A bit? Really Sirius?' Regulus said in disbelief.

'A bit?! A bit?! You almost tore my leg off!'
'Now, I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with, but the fleas - they're murder.'

'So true.' Sirius nodded.
'You'd be a great dog- we'd call you-'
'No! I've had enough of these atrocious nicknames, I would be called Padfoot and Padfoot alone.'
James rolled his eyes,
'You're no fun.'

Sirius and Harry helped Ron out of the hole, Alyssa and Hermione coming up right behind them. They checked on Ron's leg as Sirius walked a ways off.
'Okay.'
Harry looked in Sirius's direction, as he was shown gazing at Hogwarts. Hermione and Harry began to converse and Alyssa tried to get a better look at Ron's wound.
'You better go.'
'No. Don't worry, okay?'
'It's fine. I'll stay.'
'You go, I'll stay.'
'You okay?'
'I'm fine. Go.'

'That whole conversation greatly confused me.' Evan frowned in confusion.
'Same.' Alyssa nodded.

Harry walked towards Sirius, leaving Hermione, Alyssa and Ron.
'Ow. That looks really painful.'
'So painful...they, uh...they might chop it.'

They all laughed.

'I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat.'
'It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off.'
'Oh yeah, amputation is the only solution.' Alyssa agreed sarcastically.

'It's beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man.'

'Like that's gonna happen.' Alyssa muttered under her breath.

'That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it.'

'Thanks Sirius.' Peter said sarcastically.
'You're welcome Pete!' He replied with a grin.

'Well, I just didn't think my dad would have wanted his two best friends to become killers. Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free.'

'Oh yay! Imma be free, that's good.' Sirius grinned and Regulus shook his head,
'No, this year has been too chilled out, it needs another plot twist.'
'Chilled out? CHILLED OUT?! I'm sorry, dementors, mass murderers who aren't actually mass murderers, evil pets, animagus- shall I continue?' Lily exclaimed
'I don't know, it just seems like something else has to go wrong.' Regulus shrugged.

'Turn me into a maggot! Dung beetle. Flobberworm!'
'Shh!'
'Anything but the dementors!'
'Shh!'
'Ron, ha-haven't I been a good friend, a good pet? You won't let them give me to the dementors, will you? I was your rat!'

'I don't think you're helping your case Pete, you just look like a creep.' James said making Peter nod,
'Yeah I think you're right.'

'Oh.'
'Oh, sweet girl! Clever girl! Surely you won't let them...' Peter turned to Hermione.
'Get away from her!'
'Please, your parents, they wouldn't want-'
'For the last time, you don't know my parents.' Alyssa said in frustration.
'R-Remus, please, please don't do this. We're friends.'
'We were friends.' Remus corrected him.

'Oof, harsh.' James sighed.

'You know I never meant this to happen, I was just trying to help-'
'Enough.'
'He told me to, I thought I was helping you, I thought I was helping everyone.'