Ch 551: Dare Come Back

Hayate had known the second prince of Yan for a long time now. The image that he had about the prince was a good one. He was a composed and calculated person. Never driven by his emotion.

So, seeing him in this state was an unfamiliar experience for the prince of Higashi.

He looked at the culprit that made him act like this, the photo in his hand. Hayate saw a young man with short black hair with matching eyes. He had never seen this person before. However, before he could see more about this person, Ying Jie moved the photo away from his view.

He looked at Ying Jie and saw he was not amused. Seeing this, he knew what he needed to do.

"I think this might be something personal," Hayate nodded, "I will take my leave."

The only response that he got from Ying Jie was a numb nod. Hayate made his way to the exit.

After making sure that Hayate was far enough, Ying Jie looked at his personal servant, an old male Kylin. His hair was grey, showing how old he was. Although old, he had a buff frame. That was expected of him. He was also his personal bodyguard.

Ying Jie looked at the photo and then back to his butler.

"Don't waste my time, what the hell is going on here?" He asked. His patient was wearing thin, "Why is Ying Zhen's photo in the hands of Wei Yanwu?"

"The prince-."

He threw the photo to the butler's head and shouted angrily.

"Don't call him prince! He's no prince?!"

The butler who was reprimanded by Ying Jie didn't dare to refute at all. He lowered his head

"Forgive my ignorance, Your Highness," He apologized. To not angered the price more he started to explain the situation, "According to Wei Yanwu, he is doing a favour for this person. This person does not know who he was. Based on what he investigated, he thought this person came from Yan."

Ying Jie frowned slightly, "He lost his memory?"

"Yes, this is what Wei Yanwu said."

Ying Jie paced back and forth in the room with his hands behind his back. He was trying to understand what was going on.

"Let's forget that Ying Zhen for a moment," After half a minute, he stopped and said slowly, "Focus on Wei Yanwu for now. Does he know this person was Ying Zhen? Does he ever seen Ying Zhen before?"

"..." The housekeeper thought carefully, and then whispered, "More than ten years ago, before Wei Yanwu was sent to Lungmen, when Ying Zhen was still a few years old, he saw him."

"Over ten years ago, over ten years ago." Ying Jie recalled slightly, and then said, "That was at Ying Zhen's birthday banquet, right? Ying Zhen was still regarded as royalty. Father did not neglect him. Of course, it was also because he did not draw the sword yet."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Ying Jie's eyes narrowed slightly, "You said that he should not live when he drew that sword, right?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

Ying Jie squinted at the housekeeper, "He pulled out that sword so he should be dead now. My family can no longer tolerate him, so I sent someone to kill him for the sake of my family. The high council even agreed with my decision. It also benefits me."

The steward lowered his head, "Yes, Your Highness."

"I see. Good. Very good. I was right." Ying Jie nodded. Then he exploded his voice, his tone full of anger, "Then can you tell me why he's still alive?! What the hell did those Kylin warriors I hired at a high price five years ago do?!"