Damnation

[A/N: Hello my lovelies! I hope you're all staying safe and healthy! Here is the next chapter for you all, and tomorrow, with it being Sunday and all, will be the Sunday soft-hit mission as mentioned in the story. I hope you're enjoying the playlist and the story so far. Without further ado, I love you all and will let you go to enjoy the new chapter! -K 🖤]

[🌿This chapter contains swearing, angst, sexual tension, and sexual insinuations.🌿]
***
My eyes were intensely trained outside of Benny's window as Fish skillfully drove the vehicle through the maze of massive crates that were stacked and situated in an effectively confusing pattern.

Santi had been directing the vehicle through the narrow corridors and sharp turns of the crates in the yard. The colossal containers were a conglomeration of multiple colors and I still had no clue as to why Santi had given us directions to drive into the vast yard of the shipment crates.

Fish, following Santi's orders, parked the vehicle once he had received the signal from Santi's waving hands. He swiped the keys from the ignition and hurriedly exited the vehicle. Tom followed from the passenger seat, and I followed Ben from the seat behind.

I had ignored Will the entire drive, and if possible, I would ignore him for the rest of our time in South America.

"Hey, fellas." Santi greeted us as we stood before him. "Angel." He nodded towards me, and I politely returned a respectful nod. "Take a look at this." Santi turned his back towards us and began to shift the bars of the metallic blue doors behind him. With a heave, he pulled open the massive doors of the shipping crate, revealing the darkened corridor of an arsenal.

A smile slowly formed on my face as I investigated the walls with my wandering eyes.

"Jesus, Pope." Ben chuckled and hurried past me into the crate, completely amazed by the weapons and tools at his disposal. His eyes widened in surprise as he scanned the filled walls and stacks of ammunition and possible equipment required for explosions and detonations.

"What the hell were you planning here?" Tom inquired, taking a step inside and admiring Santi's dedication to collecting and storing weapons of every caliber imaginable. "Although I don't know if you have (Y/N) beat...it's a close second." He added in a lower register, patting my shoulder softly.

"Exactly this." Santi raised his eyebrows and motioned around him. "Every single gun, bullet, and fucking toothpick here has been sourced in-country. The idea is to pin this on a local rival gang. Now who was it that didn't trust this lady?" He crossed his arms as he searched our still wandering eyes.

Ben suddenly chuckled and elbowed me in the side as I walked closer to him, inspecting the assault rifles on lined on the crate wall. I glared at him and poked him between the ribs to which he gasped dramatically and held his side in offense.

"'Cause not only is she going to get us that extra van, but she got us this." Santi reached into his pocket and retrieved a phone, unlocking it and playing a video feed for us. I leaned towards Santi, almost missing the way his eyes met mine reflexively. "That's our man, Lorea. And oh? Look at what's there behind him."

I squinted my eyes to focus on the shaking of the camera, my mouth opening slowly in realization. "Looks like money to me..." I whispered, taken aback by the enormous amount of bills piled on what appeared to be a table down the corridor of a hallway.

Ben stood beside me, also speaking lowly and equally impressed by the sheer amount. "There's gotta be about 35 million there." He hooked his arm around my neck as we laughed together, watching the feed from Santiago's phone.

"We don't know that. Whatever it is, its a lot." Will included from the front corner of the crate, crossing his arms in speculation and slight dejection.