Chapter 1 - Dao Nuea (Part 3)

"..."

              I looked at his wide back wearing shirt and jeans that he had just changed into. He was messing around with his locker, busy rearranging everything in it. I leaned over and saw him put a bottle of Jo Malone perfume in the cupboard and put his reading glasses neatly inside.

               Always so tidy.

              “Nuea.”

              “Yes… What’s up?” I turned around and smiled at Maitee and Sean.

              “Let’s go downstairs together? It’s all sorted, right?"

              “It's done!”

              “Kleun, do you need a ruler?” Tee asked Khabkleun who was too neat. I didn’t say anything, silently observing the other person for a few seconds and then looked away.

              “Annoying.”

              “This brat, come here.” Kleun kept a calm expression despite his friend nudging his shoulder. I walked beside Sean who walked right behind those two. I feel like today’s activities that the seniors are planning will involve practice exercises before entering the dorms.

              I smiled and said hello to the extremely muscular person from the Faculty of Physical Education who was wearing a dark brown tank top. He is also one of the favorites this year. Looking at that muscular arm, I didn’t ask a glance at my loose arm.

              *Sigh* Nuea...

              “Okay, everyone gather here. We'll set everything done and then we'll go and eat steak at the restaurant that Aunt Nuad sponsored. We don’t have much activities today.”

              *Moisture.*

              “Looks like it’s going to rain.”

              “Damn it, how can we continue the activities now?” I chuckled because I didn’t like this activity very much. If it rains, it’s fine. Even though I don’t like the sounder of thunder, but in exchange for bot having activities for the rest of the day, it's worth it.

              “It looks like it's going to rain soon. So…” P’Tim said and turned to whisper to his friend. Probably a sudden change of plans.

              “Let's all prepare to watch a movie, okay? Please go prepare your room first. Everyone rest on the ground floor. P’Pla will bring you food. Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll handle it.”

              “Is Nong Daonuea hungry?”

              “Yes? Oh no, I’m already full.” I patted my belly and got P’Pla’s biting gaze back.

              “You look familiar. Do you have a sibling?”

              “I do have a brother.”

              “Did he go to this school?”

              “Yes. But we do not have the same last name.” My brother and I do not have the same last name. It’s because when P’Fah’s father passed away, 3 years later his mother remarried my father. But we love each other very much. P’Fah takes good care of me, like I can’t leave his side. In any case, I hardly miss him.

              “What’s him name? Can you say it? Maybe we know him.”

              “Ah yes. My brother’s name is…”