Chapter Fifty-seven

Sam Lewis 😍🥺

When we got to Florida, it was already nine in the evening. The first thing I noticed when my eyes lazily opened was the change of environment and the fresh crispness of the evening air.

Yeah, yeah, I went in and out of slumberland too coz whatcha expect me to do on such a long drive? I could barely feel my legs and it didn't help Ivy's head had been pressed on it throughout the drive. She's such a heavy sleeper.

"We're here, girls." The driver announced as he pulled up in front of an enormous black metal gate with a shimmering gold plate at the center, engraved with the letter W.

"Ivy,"I nudged her,"we're there."

Ivy stirred and quickly fluttered her eyes open like my words had now sunk.

"We're at Florida!"

I rolled my eyes playfully,"yeah, yeah."

We scrambled to the window, thrusting our faces to the window as we appreciated the view.

"Wow."we mouthed concurrently.

The gate was pulled open revealing the relatively wide dark-tiled roadway and the about five to six cars aligned neatly to the left, which I'm supposing to be the parking lot. Our car made a bend to that direction before parking in uniform with the rest of the cars.

The driver killed the engine.

"Welcome to Florida, New Yorkers."

"Why, thank you!"Ivy beat me to it, grabbing her backpack and without further delay, jumped out of the car.

I did same too, only that I stepped out in a more ladylike manner. Meh.

An elegant edifice stood some feet away from the roadway and my lips immediately pulled to a self-conscious smile. The house of the Walterz family.

It was beautiful than I even imagined and the absolute definition of richdom. Not too extra but not below class either.

Healthy looking Bermuda grass cut into a circular shape sat gracefully in the middle of the tiled compound with an ornamental fountain which distributed a cascading flow of water, gliding smoothly to form a pool at the bottom. It was beautiful. There were marbled figurines rooted into the lawn that shot showers into the grass.

"My oh my. I'm liking Florida already,"Ivy says in a whisper.

We had been standing in front of the car for minutes with ajar mouths until the driver cleared his throat to gain our attention.

"I'm not allowed to use the private entrance so, you guys can go on in."

"Okay, thanks for the ride, sir."I nearly stuck my hand out for a handshake but he left us in a blink.

"Ow-kayy,"Ivy drawled, staring as he left,"so how does he expect us to find our way in this giant of a house? We're like what, visitors?"

I smirked at her.

"Eh, why the smirk?"

"This is where a Sam Lewis brain comes in handy."I said confidently as I pulled my phone.

Ivy arched an uninterested brow, watching me type on my screen.

"Yo, Jordan!"I called, flexing my arm. Ivy gave me a knowing look, seeming to relax when she realized I gah everything figured out.

"Good eveningg. Yah! I'm good. We're actually at the parking space as I speak and we considering getting in but something tells me we gonna get lost if we do."