✾𝟭𝟯𝟬✾

"Excuse me, Giyuu? Giyuu? Are you there? Hello? Is anyone inside?" Y/n's voice rang loudly as she loudly banged her fists against the wooden door that led to the Water Estate

"Excuse me, Giyuu? Giyuu? Are you there? Hello? Is anyone inside?" Y/n's voice rang loudly as she loudly banged her fists against the wooden door that led to the Water Estate. "Giyuu, it's me! Y/n!" Y/n chirped loudly, hoping to get his attention. "Hello? Well, I'm coming in!" she exclaimed as she opened the door of the Estate, the door banged against the walls of the estate as a shining Y/n popped her head through the entrance, looking for her friend before spotting him sitting with a surprised expression plastered on his face.

Upon entering the expansive space she closed the door quietly. She quickly made her way to him and sat closely across from him. "Today, I dueled with one of my students, and I couldn't believe how much she's improved!" she rambled. She continued rambling loudly to him as he listened silently to her. "Anyways, that's how we're all training!" Y/n exclaimed brightly.

"I know," Giyuu huffed out. "Oh, you knew? That's good," Y/n gave a thumbs up with a smile adorning her lips. "In a few more days, I'll be able to return to missions again, and I wanna train with you. Would you allow me to train with you?" she asked merrily. "No," he simply replied.

"Huh? Why not?" Y/n tilted her head innocently before her enhanced eyesight caught the sight of his facial expression, it looked angrier than usual. "You look angry! What's wrong?" she asked, raising a brow. "I'm angry that you didn't fully master Water Breathing. You were supposed to become the Water Hashira," Giyuu remarked quietly, but vex was visible in his usual bored voice.

"I'm sorry about that, but I've talked to Urokodaki. He said that it isn't unusual to change the breathing you use or give birth to a new style, and water breathing techniques are especially close to the basics, so they give rise to many other styles," Y/n said as she scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with the Water Hashira. Well, that was unexpected. She thought he'd agreed instead.

"Don't say that. There's currently no Water Hashira! Someone must fill that role as soon as possible," he remarked crudely to himself. "There's no Water Hashira? What about you, Giyuu?" Y/n asked out of confusion as she blinked confusingly at him.

"I'm not the Water Hashira," he simply declared.

Y/n tensed as she looked at him in bewilderment. Giyuu stood up from his feet as he walked past her. "Now, go," he commanded as he walked past her.