Chapter 20

Finally I get to leave the hospital.  It was fun while it lasted. But I hate the extra attention that my family was showing me. It makes me feel like I was being a burden to them.
"Hey how are you feeling now?" Dad asked me as he walked into my room.
"Happy to go home. Can sleep in my own bed" I smiled at him. He nods understanding where I am coming from. He carries my bag to his car. Dad decided that he will be the only one picking me up. As he feels like we have not spent time alone yet.

"Want to get some ice cream before we go home?" He looks at me, I nodded happily, he swerves the car to the right and made his way to the ice cream store.
I got chocolate fudge ice cream, while he got coffee flavor. I frowned at his choice.
"You are crazy. That flavor is not normal" I tell him disgusted.
"Hey, everyone is different," he chided me while scooping his ice cream into his mouth smiling at the taste.
"You know, your mum loves the bubblegum flavour the most" he tells me.
I look at him interested, "yeah, you and her will always go on ice cream dates. Just you two and no one else" he smiles.
"When you guys come back, the boys will rush to you and carry you away, hiding from us. Cause they miss you that much" dad laughs making me smile.
"Alexander told me, how your brothers changed after the accident. I was hurt knowing that I wasted my time on my recovery. I should have made my way back soober" he sighs.
"Dad, I have learnt that life is too short, I am not going to waste my time trying to get people to love me. Rather cherish my time with my loved ones," I laugh.
"But I am currently giving them a chance, it whether or not if they realise it and take up the chance to make a difference in our relationship" I tell him honestly.
If I die,  I do not want to die with regrets, at least I will die happily knowing I gave them a chance.
He nodded happily. We shared memories. I told him of how I survived all those years. I told him who I am planning to give my company to incase I do not make it.
He was proud of where and who I am. It's is hard work that brought me this far.
"Dad, promise me that, whatever happens to me, do not be sad. I want you guys to be happy, not crying over me. Losing me once broke the family. But this time, I want my loss to make you guys stronger. I want you guys make me happy by being happy" I advise him.
"It will be hard, but slowly I want you guys to help each other to make it to that position sometime in the future" I smile.

"But this does not mean, I am giving up. I will be fighting till the end" I promised him.