9.A surprise engagement.

2 and half months. .....

2 and half months were left before I could end this marriage. In the previous months I didn't see much of him.Zylen had  recently gone for a business trip
He had been gone for over a month now and hadn't still returned.

Jean peeked into my cubicle and said
"Hey Tiffany boss wanted that report on The Willow project.He wants to meet you."

"Oh yes."

I got up from my seat with the file in my hand and approached the elevator.
Pressing the button to the 20 floor I waited.
In between people came in went and took me longer than 2 minutes to reach the 20 floor.

I walk towards the door imprinted with golden bold words  Xavier Mickelson.I knocked at the door and a heavy voice ordered me to come in.

"I have got the Willow report."

Xavier stopped typing in his computer and glanced towards me. He was about my Duncan's age or maybe older than that. The corners of his eyes always wrinkled at any slight movement.

He half smiled and  extended his hand. I handed him the file.

After 5 minutes or so he ran his hand over his bald head and then said.

"Not bad. A little delayed but not bad."

"I am sorry sir it was a little tricky.."

"It's okay it's done not to worry.Good job on the report."

"Thank you sir."

He nodded and it was my cue to leave.

Later in the evening I came home and went to the kitchen and got a bottle of water. I saw Margaret organizing the washed plates.

"Hey Margaret."

"Tiffany how was your day?"

"Fine.....any idea when Zylen is going to come back?"

"I don't know."
She paused and spoke again.
"It's unusual that he would stay so long for a business trip.He is usually wraps it up in days."

I just nodded at that and left the kitchen.

As I was passing through the hall I saw a couple of papers at the table but what mostly grabbed my attention was a photo pasted in the front page.
A photo of him with some lady.And they looked like they were quite "busy".
The headline said...'AND OUR DEAR ZYLEN IS BACK....'
The article beautifully described his 'earlier conquests' and my 'sorry state' but the last line irritated me when I  saw my name underlined

Tiffany Marc what do you have to say for this?

"Who is the damn writer?" I muttered and flipped the page.

I was expecting Glendora but it was some other writer. I threw the paper into the waste basket and marched towards my room.

What do I have to say? Well by how much will they raise your pay by writing this article?

But then the photograph.The photograph was flashing again and again. One thing the writer surely predicted right that I would go for a divorce.

Yeah good news to you too girl we are in a couple of months. But not because of this.

I don't know why I was getting angry because of a silly article but it still agitated me. Now I know about the business trip what kind of business he had to attend to. One month that means they would have been going out for a month mostly.
I scolded myself for being so carried away by a small article.