38 - Time Travel!

We move into one of the meeting rooms to discuss what to do next. Some of the team are sitting around a table which shows a hologram of each Infinity Stone, while others are either pacing or standing around the room.

"So, the 'how' works," Steve begins, "now we just have to figure out the when and the where. All of us have had somewhat of an encounter with one of the six-"

"I'd replace the word 'encounter' with 'damn well near been killed.'" Tony laughs.

"We only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce adds.

"Our history," I say, "so, there's no convenient spot to just drop in. So, we have to pick our targets."

"Let's start with the Aether," Steve says, "Thor, what do you know?"

"Is he asleep?" Nat asks when Thor doesn't answer.

"I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodes chuckles.

Thor wakes up a moment or two later and begins talking about the Aether.

"First, it's not a stone, someone called it that before. It's more of an angry sludge thing." He says and continues talking.

"What about the others?" I ask once Thor finishes, "Rocket?"

"Quill said he stole it from Morag." Rocket replies.

"Is that a person?" Scott asks.

"Morag is a planet. Quill was a person."

"Thanos found the Soul Stone of Vormir." Nebula comments.

"What's Vormir?" Nat asks.

"A dominion of death, at the centre of Celestial existence," Nebula sighs heavily, "it's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

An awkward tone falls upon the room as a couple of us take notes then sit in silence.

"Not it." Scott says to break the moment.

"Ok," I say, "what about the Space Stone?"

"In the Tesseract." Steve replies.

"What's the Tesseract?" 

"Oh, you weren't here in 2012," he sighs, "basically a space cube that opens worm holes."

"Right, ok," I say, "it sounds familiar though."

"Hydra used it in the 1940s."

"Oh, that's why," I say, "and the mind stone?"

"Before it was put in Vision's head," Tony answers, "it came from Loki's sceptre. That's how he could control people. Sorry, Clint."

"It's alright." Clint chuckles.

"What about the Time Stone guy?" Nat questions.

"Doctor Strange." Bruce says.

"What kind of doctor was he?" I ask.

"Uh, ENT meets rabbit from a hat." Tony chuckles.

"Nice place in the village though." Bruce comments.

"Yeah, Sullivan Street."

"I thought it was Bleecker Street?"

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat asks.

"No, he lived in Toronto," Tony says, "were you paying attention-"

"Guys," Nat cuts Tony off, "if you the pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."