Chapter 66

Mason was pacing back and forth at the bottom of the Ravenclaw Tower.

Should he try to get inside the Common Room? Should he wait where he was, in case Eamon decided to come out? Should he just leave and pretend that he was never even there in the first place?

Blinded by his feelings, he started climbing the stairs of the tower, and before he knew, he was standing in front of the Eagle Knocker, which he completely forgot about.

His eyes narrowed as he remembered the last time he tried to get inside. Now, he didn't even want to try knocking.

As he was scowling at the door, it suddenly opened, revealing two Ravenclaw girls.

"Mason Malfoy?" A silver haired girl recognized him. "Look, Gwynn!" She nudged the girl beside her. "It's Mia's brother!"

Mason crossed his arms. "Do you know my sister?"

"Unfortunately, we share a dorm with her." Gwynn looked him up and down. "But why in the world are you here?" She raised her eyebrows at him questioningly. "I don't think you have any business here, Slytherin."

"Oh, come on!" The other girl pouted. "He must be looking for Mia, don't be so rude."

"Exactly!" Mason nodded quickly. "Is looking for my sister considered a crime now, or what?"

Gwynn stared at him sceptically. "Well, your sister – just like the rest of the Ravenclaw students – has already left to watch the Quidditch game, which will begin shortly, in case you weren't aware."

"And we need to catch up to the others, so let's go!" The other girl tugged on Gwynn's sleeve.

"Just a second, Lois." She looked at her before turning back to Mason. "Do you need anything else?"

"No," Mason sneered, not liking Mia's dormmate. "You can be on your way."

"Aren't you leaving?" Gwynn frowned. "I told you, your sister's not here."

"Let Mia's brother be!" Lois groaned. "We're going to miss the match!"

Before Gwynn could continue interrogating the Slytherin, Lois started pulling her down the stairs.

"Bye, Mason Malfoy!" She waved at him before the two girls disappeared from his sight.

For a second, he felt thankful for the silver haired girl, but when he turned his attention back to the closed door, he became irritated again.

Sighing disappointedly, he was about to step away from the entrance when it opened once more.

"Ah... I thought I heard someone." Eamon leaned against the doorframe, smirking. "Hello, Mason."

The blonde gulped as his eyes fell on the Ravenclaw. As usual, black strands of hair fell into his mesmerizing dark eyes. His toned chest was slightly visible thanks to the few buttons of his shirt being undone, and his long legs were covered by his black pants, similar to the ones that Mason was wearing.

"Feel free to come inside." Eamon gestured with his fingers. "Everyone else left."

Mason instinctively reached up to fix his tie, only to realise that he was wearing a green and grey striped sweater instead of his usual uniform.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, he pointed at the Eagle Knocker. "Do I not have to..."

"Not if someone lets you in." Eamon smiled. "So, will you keep me company until the others return, or would you prefer to go and watch the match?"

"Well..." Mason took a step closer to him. "I suppose since I'm already here... I might as well..."

Eamon let out a low chuckle. "That's right. Come and slither in."