Vol. 3, Chapter 2 - Three Monsters Unleashed

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

This whole match has been going on for a while now. As of right now, there's 21 Class B students remaining, and only 3 left from our class; those three being myself, Karma, and Koenji. Nearly an hour and 15 minutes have elapsed since the match started, and we were already nearing the climax.

After my brief reunion with Karma, we decided to split up and do our own thing. I was able to take out one person just a little bit before with split off, and now I'm jumping from one tree branch on to another. By this point, many of Class B should be low on ammunition. The reason for that is because Ryuen sent a large number of them to chase me and Yosuke earlier during the first 20 minute. A lot of them used up a lot of bbs from trying to shoot us, but we were able to evade all of them.

I was hoping to also find either Ibuki or Albert while we were trying to outmaneuver everyone, but that didn't happen. From the way I see, Ryuen probably poured a lot of Class B's efforts on the offensive side. My reason for coming to that conclusion is that a lot of students from our class got eliminated, and he sent a lot of people to come at me during the first 20 minutes. My assumption is that he had Ibuki and Albert hide somewhere remote, and made full use of their camouflage in order to blend in the surroundings. The only place I can think of is that one area with a very rouged terrain, which is covered by thick trees. It's also very far off, and I doubt many people would go there.

Had Yosuke not been accompanying me, I might have gone there myself and looked for both of them, but I didn't want him to be put in a compromising position, that would get him eliminated much earlier. While I could have left him to fend for himself, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of communicating with teammates. Now that it's just us three remaining, my movements aren't as restricted, and I'm more free to do whatever I want.

Right now it's getting a lot tougher to find any Class B students. Because it's now past the first 20 minutes, Ryuen probably had everyone keep their distance from us. This was now a battle of gaining points, instead of having the other class lose points. Had it been anyone else, but us three, Ryuen would probably have his whole class actively hunt us down, but that's not the case right now.

As I traversed the area, I started to feel somewhat thirsty. I remembered a spring not too far from here. As I made my way to the spring, another announcement came through.

"Class B now has 20 people remaining."

Seems the other two have better luck finding people. I have yet to encounter any of Class B's key players; key players being Ryuen, Ishizaki, Ibuki, Albert, and even Hiyori. Chances were low that Hiyori was still in the game, so she's probably got eliminated earlier on, however if she is still around, she might be hiding somewhere, or sticking together with a lot of peoples.

As I arrived at the spring, I one the drones broadcasting the exam was hovering over me, and I sensed the presence of another person. I pulled out my gun and aimed it at the tree as soon as the person came out. He too was holding a gun, and pointed it at me.

"I believe this is the first time we've run in to each other throughout this whole exam. Seems we have the same idea Ayanokoji-boy."

"Seeing as you're here for a drink, I'm assuming there's no one else behind you, right?"

"Yes, and I could probably say the same about you."

I nodded in response. Seeing as there wasn't any threat nearby, we both put down or gun, and started drinking from water from the spring. I had originally planned on leaving as soon as I quenched my thirst, but Koenji decided to make small talk.

"Ayanokoji-boy. Were you the one who got that last elimination?"

Well I don't really have a reason to not talk to him, so I decided to indulge him.