68

Daniella was very tired after hours of shopping and a chaotic dinner with her friends. Mick was tired as well so he was the first to leave along with Sophie, and Charles decided to go with them, acting as the protective brother that he is, leaving it upon Carlos to drop Daniella at her hotel.

"I can just call a cab," Daniella politely said for the tenth time, not wanting to burden Carlos or risk having another rumor start in case someone spots them, and she certainly doesn't want Max to get angry.

"I already told you, I don't mind dropping you off at the hotel," Carlos smiled at her, assuring her that she is not a burden. He unlocked his Ferrari and politely opened the door for her.

"Thank you," She smiled and got in as she didn't want to seem rude.

Carlos soon got in the driver's seat and started driving.

Daniella checked her phone and saw a text from Max informing her that he will come over to her room later once she is back in her hotel and to text him. She quickly texted him back, letting him know that she is on her way.

"So...about that other night..." Carlos cautiously started as he looked at Daniella for a second before looking back at the road ahead.

"What night?" She raised her eyebrows in confusion, but a knowing look from Carlos answered her question. "Oh, that night...after the party. I still feel so guilty and embarrassed about it."

Carlos can't help but let out a soft laugh.

"You don't have to feel that way," He said, trying to make her feel better. "But I was wondering if you remembered anything else from that night."

Daniella was once again confused and gently shook her head, trying hard to remember if anything else happened.

"No..." She was scared, wondering if she had done something wrong. "Did I do something? Did I say anything I was not supposed to?"

Carlos thought for a second, wondering if it was the right time and the right thing to tell her at this moment, but soon decided against it.

"No," He shook his head. "I was just wondering because you said you didn't remember half the night. Maybe you shouldn't drink that much from now on," He joked in the last part.

Daniella can't help as her cheeks turned red.

"Yeah... you are probably right," She replied. "But in my defense, I was upset about something that night so I thought drinking would help. But thankfully things are working out now so..."

This time Carlos was confused. He knew that Daniella was completely wasted because it had something to do with Max but now that she said things are working out, it put him on an edge.

"What do you mean?" He cautiously asked.

"It's... it's personal," She politely smiled.

Carlos just nodded, not wanting to push further and make her uncomfortable.

Soon they arrived at the hotel and Daniella got out of the car and to her surprise, so did Carlos.

"Do you need any help?" He asked as she tried to hold all the shopping bags.

"Nah," She shook her head. "I have already troubled you enough. I can manage from here."

He was about to insist but realized Daniella is not going to give in.

"Okay," He smiled. "I will see you tomorrow then."

Daniella nodded and waved her hand.

"Good night," She politely smiled before walking away.

Carlos watched as Daniella slowly walked out of his sight. He let out a deep breath, confused as to what to do. Every day he can feel his feelings for her getting stronger but she doesn't seem to have the same feeling for him, at least not that he is aware of.

***

"So how was dinner with Sophie and Mick?" Max asked as Daniella walked out of the shower, drying her hair with a towel.

"It was fun," She replied. "Charles and Carlos also joined us. You should have seen Charles and Sophie arguing," she let out a laugh. " They only shut up when I threatened to call their mom."

Max chuckled as Daniella walked closer to him and he soon pulled her to sit on his lap.

"I am sorry I couldn't join you today," He gently said before kissing her. She did call him first but due to some prior schedule, he had to decline.

"That's alright," Daniella wrapped her arms around him. "I think you would have gotten bored... I mean Mick certainly did and ran back to his hotel the first chance he got."

"What about Carlos?" Max reluctantly asked. He didn't like that the Ferrari driver joined them for dinner.

Daniella took a deep breath and huffed, understanding Max's concerns.

"We didn't get the chance to talk much," She answered honestly. "But he was polite enough to drop me off here."

Max just nodded, his face reflecting what he was feeling.

"Hey," Daniella gently put her hand on his cheek, making his eyes go soft. "You don't have anything to worry about. He was just polite and friendly and didn't try anything. And most importantly... I have eyes for someone else, so..." She smiled.

Max can't help but smile as Daniella kisses him gently.

"Really? Who is the lucky guy?" He tried to act clueless but couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

"Shut up," Daniella let out a laugh and stood up but Max quickly pulled her down again, this time pinning her down against the bed.

"So much for taking things slow..." She said before Max started kissing her again.

**********

A/N: Thoughts on Dani and Carlos?

 Do you think Max will get over his insecurities?

 Team Max or Team Carlos?