36. If Walls Could Talk

~Paige

The doctors allowed Calum to leave the hospital as long as he promised to stay in bed rest. Of course who would believe a patient that looked more than eager to return to the outside world.

It took a lot of convincing on his end and a single promise that I would keep a close eye on him to get them to agree and let him leave the hospital.

The past few days were spent in our hotel room that was made into a makeshift hospital room. Just the two of us playing a game we used to play on the tour bus as kids when we'd get bored.

House.

For three days it's just been us with no expectations from anyone. There was no schedule telling us we needed to be somewhere at a certain time. No management expecting edited pictures or tour diaries to be submitted.

Just us with a fort we created in the corner and stuffed animals we stole from our friends.

It has been everything and more to us.

Calum has been getting better by the day. He's been taking his medication regularly and taking it as easy on himself as he possibly can.

The biggest challenge is recovering from his head injury. Thankfully, there were no complications internally with his brain. Only deep cuts and stitches to keep him from profusely bleeding out.

The doctors said it was a miracle that he didn't break any bones due to the way the cars had collided into each other.

"Do that turn again." Calum said as he laid propped up with his back against pillows on the hotel bed.

The room had gotten too peaceful and I decided we needed some fun in here, thus resulting in me turning on some upbeat music and dancing around the hotel room like an idiot.

I felt silly twirling and jumping around the room but it was worth it seeing the smiles on both of our faces.

Complying with his request, I turn again and stumble over my feet even worse than I did the first time. Calum doubles over in laughter, clutching his stomach at the sight of my horrible dancing.

"Is my dancing really that bad?" I say, giggling at the way he's laughing. He bites his lip to help suppress some of the laughter which is only making it worse. "Baby!" I laugh with him, finding it sad but incredibly funny that he can't stop laughing even for a second to say something.

"I'm sorry Pae, your dancing is just very amusing." He says, gesturing for me to get in the bed with him.

I drop my arms to my side in defeat and reluctantly crawl into the bed. Instead of laying down beside him, I make the bold choice of placing my legs on either side of his hips and straddle his waist.

His pupils dilate and a suggesting smirk tugs at his lips, clearly he likes the position I've taken on top of him. He places his rough hands on my waist, firmly keeping me where I am and assuring that I won't go anywhere.

My heart beats rapidly in my chest from the sudden switch in mood between us. We hold such an intense gaze on one another that the air suddenly feels tight, making it hard to breathe.

The simple three words I've been dying to tell him are on the tip of my tongue just waiting to be said.

"What's on your mind, baby?" He asks in a tone so soft I almost feel light headed.

"I'm scared that if I tell you something very bad will happen." I tell him truthfully.

Something bad has happened to almost everyone I have ever loved. My dad, my mom, I can't risk anything with Calum. He's my only hope at knowing what true love really is. Everything that happened with my parents has lead me to believe that I'm the reason.