chapter 72- speaker

after meeting with lovejoy, i decide to stream for a while. a just chatting stream. maybe a bit of geoguessr, and then i'll announce the ep.

aubrey had texted me earlier that she had plans all afternoon and she wouldn't be back at her house until later that night, so i knew she wouldn't join the stream. which is fine, considering she already knows about the ep.

the stream is planned out perfectly. nothing could go wrong. 

right?

the stream starts up, and i greet my stream, as usual. i wait a couple minutes for viewers to file in before playing geoguessr, then really kick off the stream.

everything goes smoothly. 

too smoothly.

with my luck, i should've known something was going to go wrong in the end.

"alright!" i announce after about two hours of playing the geography game. "before we wrap up the stream, i actually have something to announce!"

the entire chat starts buzzing, wondering what my surprise announcement might be.

"so you guys know my band lovejoy?" i start. "well, since you guys were so supportive with the last ep, we-"

my phone starts ringing before i finish my sentence. i look down at the caller.

incoming call: aub-dawg

"oh shit, it's aubrey. i gotta take this guys. though i thought i turned my ringer off before streaming..."

i answer the phone.

"hi, aubrey. before you talk, i just gotta tell you that you're on-"

"wilbur! guess what!" she interrupts.

"what?"

"i got recognized! by this girl, mid teens i wanna say. she just ran up to me and asked if i was aubreyyxo and then asked for a picture. isn't that so cool?"

i smile at her enthusiasm. she doesn't get recognized a lot, especially not nearly as often as someone like tommy. so it's always a big deal for her when she gets recognized.

"that's really awesome, aubrey," i tell her. "but i need to get back to the stre-"

"one last thing."

i sigh, but can't find it in my heart to say no to her.

"sure, what's up?"

"this really cute cafe opened up close to your house! have you heard? it's a cat cafe!"

i bite the inside of my cheek, terrified that this might lead to her letting the cat out of the bag on our relationship.

no pun intended.

"i haven't heard about that, no."

"we should go sometime! our second date!"

my lips form into a straight line. the phone line breaks up during the second sentence, so i pray to god that the chat didn't hear. though with their bionic hearing, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

"yeah yeah, that sounds great, aubrey. i really gotta go, okay? i'm sorry."

"oh, okay. sorry if i interrupted anything..." she sounds nervous, and slightly upset.

"no! don't apologize. you did nothing wrong. i just have to go."

"okay fine, talk to you later, i love you!"

my eyes grow so wide that my eye sockets start hurting. i knew i should've taken her off of speaker.

"aubrey," i say with a monotone voice. "i'm streaming. and you're on speaker."

the phone line goes quiet for a couple of seconds while i cover my face with my hands.

"fuck."

(A/N hi! super short chapter because i didn't have many ideas for this chapter, but since i've been dead i'm double uploading today :D i've had so much schoolwork and tests because... i'm graduating! i'm terrified but also really excited... omg. anywayyyy i hope you guys liked this short chapter! lollll i missed you guys so much i love you <3)