B2-Part 18: Oh Baby

"We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)
I see my reflection in your eyes."
~The Neighborhood

Get ready for a long chapter!! So excited to see how y'all like it!!

"Station, I need a 10-85. Send out additional units to the south-end corner of Duffy Square."

"Folks, could you step to the side?"

Mila hears an officer say as she squeezes through the crowd to the front. She holds onto the the straps of Peter's book bag as she watches a hooded figure mess with the cables under the square downtown.

"Everybody get out of the way! Get out of the way!" Police order.

"Sir, get your hands away from the cables right now! Sir, get your hands away from the cables!"

"Let me see your hands, please!"

"You stay right where you are!"

"Do not move!"

"Freeze! Get down! On the ground!"

"Get your ass down on the ground! Now!"

Mila frowns at the police as they yell at the figure that stands looking around confused. She wasn't sure this person knew where they were and what was happening so the police weren't making this any better.

Max starts to back away into the street and freezes hearing a truck beep loudly. He looks to his left and holds his hands out not realizing he was controlling the truck as he raises his hands up over his head. The truck lands on the other side of him as he looks down at his hands backing away.

Tons of police cars drive up and surround him as he looks around in fear.

"It's not my fault!"

Mila frowns as she realizes the voice sounds familiar to her. She gasps seeing the screens of New York show the figure. Gaping at the screen, she quickly bends under the tape and runs over to the police Captain that replaced her father.

"What the? Mila? You can't be here right now?"

Mila shakes her head frantically, "Don't hurt him. He doesn't know what's going on."

"Stacey-"

"No! Listen to me or you will be at fault for any injuries or death of your squad." The older man sighs before nodding, "Alright."

"Let me talk to him."

"Stace-"

"I know him! Please! He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He doesn't know what's happening to him right now."