Chapter Twenty One

"Hold me. Like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago when there was nothing but our love. No politics, no plotting, no war."
- Padme Amidala

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel docked her ship with the rest of her squad and Anakin's squad at the clones' base. She jumped out of her starfighter and met up with Boba and commander Rooster.

"What now general?" Rooster asked through his helmet striped with faded red.

"We go to the front lines and end this battle once and for all." Oriel said confidently and she saw Anakin walking up to them with Ahsoka.

"Hi Ahsoka." Boba greeted and smiled at the young padawan. "Hi Boba." Ahsoka greeted back with a shy smile and a small nod of her head.

The interaction was very awkward and Anakin and Oriel shared a knowing glance. Boba had a crush on the girl.

"Anakin. I was just telling my squad that we'll be making our way to the front lines." Oriel shooed off the thoughts for now as they were in the middle of a galactic war.

"Sounds like a plan." Anakin answered, not taking his eyes off the two padawans awkwardly staring at each other and then back at the floor repeatedly.

"Well what are we waiting for? Lets go!" Anakin's commander, Rex, said and started jogging off towards the battle not to far out and the two squads followed.

Soon, they reached the edge of the battle and it looked as if the clones were doing quite well, but it didn't hurt to have some reinforcements.

"Keep running and don't stop until we get to the front lines. It's the only place we'll be of use." Oriel shouted over the explosions and blasts coming from around them. It was also loud as the heavy rain was pelting on the hard floor that was suspended above the depths of the ocean below.

Oriel ignited her white saber and started swinging it in front of her, deflecting red blasts back at the battle droids.

Beside her was Boba with his blue saber, mirroring her actions, except he was a little more stiff with his actions and was second guessing on what he should do next.

"Don't think about it, just let the force guide you!" Oriel yelled to Boba so he could hear her.

"I'm trying master." Boba replied frustrated as the droids were gaining on him.

"Do or do not, there is no try." Oriel repeated what her master had told her many times, she didn't fully understand it but if Master Yoda is saying it, it must be wise.

"That doesn't even make sense!" Boba exclaimed and Oriel decided it was time to step in and help the boy otherwise he would be toast.

"I know, but I always got told it so I thought it could be of some use." She said jumping in front of Boba and easily redirecting all the blasts back towards the droids.

"Keep pushing!" Oriel encouraged when they had cleared the droids from the area. She ran forward and she could see up ahead where the separatists had taken over a part of the Kaminoan clone factory.

Kamino was another one of the essential bases that needed to be protected as, without it, they would no longer have a clone supply and they would be drastically out numbered.

They reached the front lines but they didn't stop there, they kept pushing into the heat of the battle droids, they needed to make them surrender and that would never happen from their side of the fight.

"Master, I can't hold off all these droids!" Boba exclaimed panickily and Oriel looked back to see him struggling.

"It's alright Boba, head back with Ahsoka and just make sure no droids make it past no mans land alright?" Oriel instructed and Boba nodded his head before grabbing Ahsoka's hand and running along the slippery floor that the rain had created.