chapter 9 Showdown between Ayanokouji and Nagamo part 2

Ayanokouji P.O.V

On the stage,

"Alright, the battle between Ayanokouji, Sakayanagi vs Nagamo, kiryuin. Stars now." Mashima-Sensei said.

After I declared that we will face of against Nagamo, everyone started to cheer for each of us, but I don't know why they are excited for this, after all it's our battle, isn't it...

Arisu who is standing beside me, noticed what was I thinking...
"Fufufu...Ayanokouji-kun, I think you don't get it actually, the reason they are cheering us because it will make us motivated to win that's what it may looks like, but for the truth it is for their own personal interest." Sakayanagi said.

"Well, either way I don't care.." I replied.

"I totally agree with you, Ayanokouji-kun." Sakayanagi said.

We both are quite similar on this, I guess.

"Both of the duos, now we will start the first stage." Mashima-Sensei said. "so, at first go to the race ground because it's a duo race, in which both the partners have to work together to win." He continued.

"Um, a race.." I murmmed.

Means Arisu's Intel is right...

I then looked at her, but she was already looking at me.

"So, should we stick up to your plan as you said before." I asked.

Sakayanagi nodded and came closer to me "Yes, just for the rules we have to complete it, but there isn't any necessary for us to win the first stage as the real battle starts from 2nd and 3rd stage." She said in low voice.

Seeing Arisu's handicap we can't win, that's why we have to go for the 2nd and 3rd.

"Fine by me, and I guess Nagamo had already figured out that we would go for this way, too." I said.

"For that reason only I will win the 2nd one and Ayanokouji-kun you go for the last one, hehe..., Actually the last one would be the perfect for you to crush him completely, so I am counting on you." Sakayanagi said in smile.

I nodded to her and then-

"That's why I said to pick someone else your partner Ayanokouji." Nagamo came from behind and Said.
"There is no possible way you can win the first one, not with her atleast." He continued.

"There's no need for me to win the first one to defeat you. I simply have to win the other two that's all." With serious looks, I said in return.

"That's some look on your face. well I am waiting for it then." Nagamo said before leaving.

Nagamo you still haven't figured it out, huh..

"Shall we go now." Sakayanagi asks.

"Yeah." I answered.

***

On the race ground,

"Further details I am explaining here." Mashima-Sensei said. " Both the partners have to lock one of their hands with eachother and continue running till you reach the finish line."
He continued.

After hearing I gone closer to Arisu.

"Here take my hand, Arisu." I offered her.

"Hehe...You almost sound like asking
me to be your partner forever.." Arisu Said with her face turned little red.

"Um, did I? but I not realised it ." I said.

"Ofcourse you won't, after all there are lots of things you don't know. For example this one..." She said.