Lost Him ~ Matt

* ^Taken from Matt's Instagram^ *

Hayley's P.O.V
Scrolling through my phone and going through some Instagram stories "finally back in boston" one said. Matt's story comes on my phone, He's back in Boston? Calling Matt immediately "Hey Hayley, what's up?" He asks answering the call, taking me by surprise as he calls me Hayley "Um, you're back in Boston. When did you get back? How long are you staying?" I ask sitting up on my bed "We got back this morning. We're here until Monday" He says simply "Can I come over? Or do you want to want to come over?" I ask confused on why he didn't say he and his brothers were back home when I always grab them from the airport. "Um, I'm actually pretty tired, you know the jet lag," He says awkwardly and I know something's up or something happened in LA, he doesn't want to tell me "Everything alright Matt? You sound off" I ask worried "Yeah, everything's fine. I'll see you tomorrow" He says quickly before hanging up.

Staring at my lock screen confused as he never just hangs up randomly, I text Nick "Everything alright with Matt? Did something happen?". Sighing as I shouldn't to rely on my boyfriend's  brothers for answers but lately, Matt is barely replying to my texts and when he does, he cuts them short and leaves me on read for hours. "Yeah, Matt's fine, just a bit jet-lagged" Nick replies but I have a feeling Matt's odd behaviour is more than just jet lag, it's only a three hour time difference between LA and Boston.

Driving over to the Sturniolo's place in the afternoon after my shift, I was greeted by Nick and Chris, hugging each of them before chatting with them for a while. "Where's Matt?" I ask as he was the one I came to see mainly "He's been in his room all morning" Chris says gesturing down the hall from the kitchen to Matt's room. Nodding, I head over and hear him on the phone with someone. Hearing him laugh, made me smile as I love his laugh. Peaking into his room and seeing him sitting on his bed looking out the window, I walk over quietly and place my hands over his eyes to annoy him. "Hang on Jamie. Someone's here" He simply says, moving his phone away from his ear and turning around, taking all the fun out "Hayley?! What are you doing here?" He asks standing up to hug me.

Wrapping my arms around his neck and holding him close but only feeling one arm around me. "Everything alright?" I ask him again, pulling away a little and looking up at him worried "Yeah, yeah. I just gotta finish this call" He says before ignoring me and continuing with Jamie.  Eventually hanging up with them before turning back to me as I sat on his bed "How was LA? You have to tell me all about it" I say, knowing every time he and his brothers visited LA, it furthered their social media career in some way. "You know, the usual. Meetings, filming, meeting new people" He explains briefly "Jamie? Are they someone you meet this time?" I ask watching him, him letting go of him which makes me frown a little. "Yeah, she's new to the management" He explains "Tell me what she's like!" I ask eagerly, to know about his trip and how it went and about his new friends.

"You guys wanna come get food with us?" Nick asks after knocking on Matt's door around 2 am "We're thinking Denny's" Chris adds walking into the room and over to the bed "Yeah, sure" Matt and I say and get out shoes on before Matt drives us all to the nearest Denny's. Getting out, I reach for Matt's hand to hold but it was already holding his phone as he types. Frowning as I always held his hand when he's back in town, looking over at Chris and Nick as they look confused as Matt had barely been off his phone since he got back to Boston. Sitting down in the booth beside Matt while Chris and Nick sat opposite and look at the menu. I look over at Matt as he had his menu up and open but was on his phone, typing and smiling at his screen. I'm not one of those girls who goes psycho when their boyfriend isn't paying attention to them, but he seems pretty happy whoever he's texting, he hasn't stopped texting them all afternoon. Watching Matt on his phone texting I didn't even realise the waiter asking what I would like. "Can I just get two waffles and a caramel milkshake?" I order, nudging Matt with my elbow for him to order knowing he hasn't looked at the menu "Oh, ugh. I'm right, I'll just share with her" He says looking confused, flicking the hair from his face since it falls when he looks down. "Oh, okay. Can we have two straws?" I ask the waiter before he leaves.

After finishing our meals, I laugh and chat with Nick and Chris because Matt is, again on his phone. "Who's paying?" Chris asks, looking around the table. "Phones on the table, data and notifications on and the first person to get a notification pays," I say knowing Matt wasn't paying attention and he would get the first notification. Seeing Chris and Nick get what I was doing, they put their phones on the table, I put mine beside theirs and grab Matt's. Turning it off "Hey! What was that for?!" Matt asks leaning over to try and snatch his phone back "If you're listening, you'd know!" I say just annoyed with him. "If you hadn't been texting fucking Jamie, you'd know that first person to get a notification is paying" Just as I finish speaking, Matt's phone lights up with a text message notification, "Speak of the devil" I add, sliding out of the booth so Matt could go pay.

Waiting by the car for Matt to come out, leaning against the car "What was that about Hayley?" He asks standing in front of me "What was what?" I ask confused "The blow up that you just had in there". Staring at him in disbelief "Are you kidding! You barely said a word to me the whole time I was at your house. You ignored me and your brothers at dinner, and then wonder why I "blew up" at you? Are you fucking kidding me Matt?" I ask starting to raise my voice. "We're going to go to the bathroom" Nick excuses him and Chris, "What? I don't need to go" Chris argues as he's dragged away back into the building. "What is with you tonight? You've been acting crazy all evening?" Matt argues with me, which just makes me mad "What's with me?! You're the one fucking texting another girl when I'm sitting beside you! You're the one on the fucking phone when I've tried to talk to you! You're the one that's been an asshole all day!" I practically scream "Do you know why I've been on my phone the whole day?! Because she actually understands me! She actually cares about the little things and remembers them" Matt yells back at me, which breaks my heart. "Understands you? Cares about you and the little things?" I repeat "You fucking dickhead!" I say walking over to him, "You just admitted to cheating. Have fun with her, asshole" I say taking the hoodie off I was wearing since it was his, shoving it to him as I walk past him, seeing Chris and Nick coming back to the parking lot.

"Hayley! Where are you going?!" Nick calls and I shake my head, not wanting anything else to do with Matt right now. "What happened?" I hear Nick right behind me, turning around and seeing Chris getting into the minivan on the other side of the parking lot "Who's Jamie?" I ask ignoring his question and asking my own. "She's one of Maddi's friends. She was just signed to the same management as us before we left" He explains "How was Matt with her?" I ask, now scared for the answer after mine and his argument, hearing Nick sigh was enough but he elaborated "He was really good with her. I don't know why, but they just clicked" He says honestly which is just what I didn't want to hear. "Well, after I called him a dickhead and asshole, she can have him," I say just disappointed our relationship is over and how it ended, "If you want to talk about it or anything, you still have Chris and I" Nick says "You alright to get back?" To which I nod before he walks back over to his brothers and the minivan. Calling an uber, I head back home and start taking down the photos and things that reminded me of Matt.

**Hello, Charlie here. I didn't really know how or when to end this one-shot so here's what you got. I'm not saying that Matt or any of the boys would do this, which is why I picked a completely random name, Jamie, so it wouldn't create any confusion or hatred between fans/readers. If you have any suggestions for chapters or a request, leave them down below or my dm's are always open.
Also, happy pride month everyone, if you're part of the LGBTQ+ community, be proud. And if you know someone in the LGBTQ+ community, be proud and supportive, it's not easy coming out. Hope you enjoyed this one-shot and see you next time ~ Byeeeee Charlie**