Chapter Nine: Into The Graveyard

"Go Y/N!!!" Draco cheered from the crowds along with a few of his friends.

Y/N walked behind Harry and Dumbledore, entering the quidditch field that had been modified into a thick maze for the second task. He watched as the Beauxbaton students performed some kind of dance before spotting Hermione in the crowd.

Y/N ran through to the stairs while Dumbledore was getting ready to speak with her.

"Granger!" Y/N called out, stopping her in her tracks as she made her way to Ron.

"Y/N." She smiled at him before slowly embracing him into a hug.

Y/N's expression softened at the warm hug, squeezing her tightly before letting her go.

"My mother's here to watch you know?" Y/N grinned widely while speaking of his mother.

He pointed to the woman with half black and half blonde hair next to Draco, staring anxiously towards the middle of the field where the other champions stood, searching for her son.

"Beautiful, isn't she?"

"Yeah." Hermione matched Y/N's expression.

It wasn't often that he had that softest smile on his face. It was an expression she only showed to her and his mother.

"What about your father?"

"Apparently he was too busy with work. Mother said she tried to get him to come but, well. He's not here." Y/N frowned.

Hermione placed her hands on Y/N's cheeks forcing him to look into her eyes.

"Y/N! Come on!" Harry shouted, warning his friend that the 3rd task was about to begin.

"Coming!" Y/N shouted back.

Y/N embraced Hermione once more before placing a gentle kiss onto her head.

"If I win, you have to give me a kiss." Y/N smirked, pressing his forehead onto hers.

"And why should I do that?" She teased him with a playful smile.

"Who cares? I'm going to win." Y/N pecked at her cheek before cheekily running off to join Harry, ignoring Hermione's calls.

"Sonorus!" Dumbledore casted, amplifying his voice.

Y/N happily waved at his mother who's anxious expression quickly softened at the sight of him.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed a Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now, as Mr. Malfoy..."

The crowds went wild with Draco and Narcissa standing up, applauding as hard as they could. Y/N shot a playful wink at Hermione who seemed to cheer the loudest.

"...and Mr. Potter..."

The Slytherin's all instantly sat down.

"...are tied for first position... they will be first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Diggory... Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!"

Y/N and Harry made their ways towards different entrances but remained close to each other until the task begun.

"I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task... he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants! Gather around. Quickly!"

They quickly jogged up towards Dumbledore who huddled them up.

"In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep." Dumbledore's voice was kept low, almost whispering.