18

Dearest Readers,
It has come to this Author's attention that her Royal Highness has taken upon herself to look over the nuptials of Viscount Bridgerton and his bride, Miss Edwina Sharma. It also has come to my attention that Miss Y/N L/N is suddenly sporting a new ring. Perhaps the Ton believes she has moved on from her blissful courtship onto another man who have swept her off her feet the minute he arrived, Samuel L/N, the brother of her deceased brother-in-law. Well I'm here to tell you that those accusations aren't simply true! Y/N doesn't appear to be that type of lady to do a thing, I have such proof of so.

-Lady Whistledown's Society Papers

"She can't do this! Can she?" I heard Isa yell from the drawing-room as I'm tidying up the guest bedroom for Becca & Delia's arrival as I make haste to see what problem has arisen now.

I walk in to see Isa, Charlie, Samuel, and Josie standing around what I notice is Lady Whistledown's latest issue and asked, "Has she written something bad?"

"No, no, not Whistledown. I'm angered by the Queen's action, Josie just came in with the invitation and she left you off," Isa says through gritted teeth as I feel my heart drop to my feet, making them feel like cement sticking me to the floor.

"Wha-what?" I say as I finally gained back the strength to walk over to the three of them to be handed the invitation to the "wedding".

Dear the L/N Family,
It would do me great honor to have you in attendance of the upcoming matrimony of Miss Edwina Sharma and Viscount Bridgerton. Of course the attire mustn't take attention off the bumbling bride and one other note, Y/N is to not come along. We wouldn't want her presence to cause such a scandal and be the most talked about among the Ton. Hope you'll understand my hesitation and also Miss Y/N, you'll thank me some day for simply seeing you're not fit to be Mr. Bridgerton's match.

-Her Royal Highness, Queen Charlotte

I- I can't believe this. Does Anthony, Kate, and Edwina know about this? Possibly not if Lady Whistledown hasn't uttered a word about it, AND SHES THE TON'S MOST SOUGHT OUT GOSSIP COLUMNIST!

"Y/N," I hear Sam whisper, slicing the silent tension, as I feel my fingers left off the grip of the invitation before I excused myself and rushed out of the drawing-room to go seek isolation in my bedroom to try to calm myself down before I were to become inconsolable to the point of not being able to regain myself.

I place my hand above my stomach to try to get some air into my lungs but, it was proving to be difficult as I could feel my breaths become quick and unsteady. I gripped the post to keep myself standing in case I were to faint and lifted the hand to rest on my throat to continue trying to managed composure when I heard footsteps nearing the room. I shut my eyes to try to keep the tears at bay, oh who was I going to fool? Everyone in that drawing-room knows how much the Queen's words and actions affected me. My bedroom door creaked open and I hear the footsteps come up behind me before stopping a mere feet away.

"Josie, I'm fine. Just-just leave me be for a bit," I whispered, I didn't trust my voice to not be shaky as I felt hands untying the ties to my bodice, helping release the tightness of the garment.

"You can breathe better now?" The voice says from behind me as I recognized it and turned around to see it was Becca, prompting me to feel guilty about not greeting her when she arrived.

"Becca, I'm so-," I started to respond before she interrupted raising her hand up as she said, "You don't have to apologize. Samuel filled me in on everything that's happened and all I have to say to that is, I am devastated that you're going through all of this chaos and stress."