Chapter 1

"Just trust me!" I yell at Hiro, frustrated.

"Funny, since I started trusting you nothing good has ever happened."

"Look, I know I'm not exactly in your good books right now, but if you give me one chance I can bring Jin back. Just one chance is all I need. "I plead desperately. Jin was my brother too, and I would go to the depth of hell to bring him back. Well maybe not hell cause the fire may burn me, but you get the idea.

"One chance is all you have, and whatever you do, you are not allowed to leave by yourself, you discuss the plan with us and we take the action. You, young lady, are now on a period of probation as soon as we get Jin back home."

"Ay ay captain!" I mock salute him.

"Ryu's gonna be here with you, and no funny business!"

"Where is that idiot?"

"Show some respect brat! I'm still older than you!" Ryu yelled as Hiro walked out of the room.

"Not now Ryu. Do me favour and go make yourself useful."

"How exactly do you want me to achieve that?"

"Get me the blueprint of the Shadow Knights Headquarters. Why is the name of a mafia gang 'Shadow Knights' anyway? How high were they?"

"...I'll get you the blueprints."

I munch on the can of emergency biscuits kept on the table while waiting for Ryu. As soon as I have the blueprints in my hand I chalk out all the exits and entrances.

"Do you have a plan?" Ryu asked me.

"Yes and the first step involves you keeping your mouth shut in front of Hiro."

"I believe that was exactly what you were asked not to do." Ryu worriedly looks back at the door. Whether in fear or anticipation of Hiro's arrival, I did not know and frankly could care less about.

"Did you really think I'd listen?" I retorted while looking for my bag.

"Okay, we have a gun, marbles, pepper spray, torch light, yo-yo , chocolates and um what else do we need? "

"First, you are 15, you are not supposed to carry a gun, second...how do those things help you with trying to infiltrate the enemy base, third, chocolates? really? " Ryu asked as if it was the most absurd thing he had heard of.

"To answer your questions, first, my ID says I'm legal and I'm working as a Government agent, second, how to use those things are for me to know and you to find out, third,it's to make me feel better about disobeying Hiro"

"Then maybe you shouldn't do that " Ryu murmured to himself as he watched me pack even more stuff into my backpack.....Let's rewind back a few scenes, I do not have much time so I'll make it short. I'm Jiana, orphaned at the age of three, adopted by a family of three brothers at the age of 10 (who also happened to share the same unfortunate circumstances as me ) and started training along side my new family to be a secret agent at the age of 13 and finally at the age of fifteen, I end up realizing just how absurd the situation truly is. This includes acquiring the necessary skills of a spy, an assassin, a sniper and a hacker (I'm pretty sure there are a lot more but I don't have the time to recall all of those at the moment)- I wonder if I could get into the mafia with all these skills. Cool right? I would have thought so too had I not been an absolute failure in all these. Although my family never really put much mind to it since I new the basic skills of self - defence, I really crossed the line when my carelessness caused one of my brothers to be held hostage at the base of one the mafia gangs the police were trying to catch red handed. Okay. flashback over, where were we?...I knew we were in big trouble when the private jet landed at the Schewun Airport and I saw Hiro standing there with a poker face looking straight at me without blinking.

"You are going to have problems if you don't blink soon." I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. Instead of being grateful the guy actually glares back at me with a greater intensity.

"...I'm not sure I understand what you want to convey through that glare but if you would excuse me I have a brother to save."

"Move and inch from your place and you'll wish you were never born." Hiro's thunderous voice rang clearly into my ears.

"What does me moving from place have anything to do with my ever present existential crisis?" I ask genuinely confused while Ryu facepalms.

"Glad you asked" Hiro replied as he stepped forward menacingly. I did not move an inch as he asked, not wanting to enrage the already livid man any longer.

"Can you please remind me what I had told you when you wanted one last chance?"

"Gimme' a second let me thing....okay wait no I do not remember...what was it?" I wonder if Hiro forgets I'm a teenager at times. I tend to forget things, I know, what's the big deal?

Hiro looked like he was ready to strangle me although I do not know why when his eyes fell on Ryu who had been trying to figure out the best way to hide himself.

"You! you were supposed to look after her, not get dragged by her into this. This brat has absolutely no control over what she does -" " Hey!" " And you decide to tag along with her? to do what? save Jin from being killed by that Mafia? With HER?!"

"Hiro I know you are angry -""That's an understatement, the only reason I'm not killing you right now is because you are my siblings." " Yes I completely understand that my dear brother, but, I think this is the only way to get Jin out of there. "

"Why are you so sure about that?" Hiro asked bewildered and still a little angry.

"They are mafias, they'd be prepared for every single plan by our agency, but trust me, nothing will prepare them for the ideas of a fifteen year old. "

Hiro just looks at me and says, "I don't know if you are incredibly stupid or brave, but I guess we really don't have much of an option since we are here already ." I wanted to say brave but I wasn't sure about it so I let it be and sat quietly as Hiro drove us to the headquarters of Shadow Knights.