breaking the fourth wall p.1

Heyyyy. Welcome to the next episode! I'm an currently writing this while my parents are very drunk with there friends downstairs. Again. So excuse the bad grammar as the music is so loud. Love you all for sticking with this story!

~~~

Emma woke up in her bed, immediately sitting up and getting out from under the covers.

"Mommy..." She leans over to talk into the baby monitor that was on her bedside table. "Daddy..."

To the toddlers confusion, neither of her parents come into her room, making her whine.

"Mommy! Daddy!" She shouts into the monitor, her words slurred around her pacifier, and getting no reply.

Emma let's put a cry of frustration at being ignored, and climbs off her bed, grabbing her old baby blanket which she always slept with, and going to her parents room which was across the hall.

Emma could hear her brothers playing on the x box downstairs, but she just toddled to her parents door, pushing it open.

Emma looks up onto the bed and sees her Mom sleeping with her Dad no where to be seen.

"Mama..." Emma runs over to the bed, using the covers to pull herself up.

"Mamaaaaa..." Emma whines, climbing on top of Wanda, and poking her face.

Wanda stirs and opens her eyes sleepily. "Hello, baby..." She whispers, her voice slightly croaky.

"Where's Daddy?" Emma asks, looking at the empty space next to her Mom.

Wanda looks over at the empty bed and sighs I'm exhaustion. "Working, sweetheart." She lies, grabbing the toddler and pulling her so she was laying down next to her.

Emma sighs contently at the comfortable position, and curls up into her Mom, the only noise in the room being Emma's gentle suckles on the pacifier.

Thundering footsteps are suddenly heard, and Billy and Tommy run into the room, looking worried.

"Mom, are you coming down soon?" Tommy asks, whining slightly.

"Mom, our game is freaking out!" Billy exclaims, looking at the two figures on the bed.

"Emmy." Billy whispers, getting Emma's attention. "Is Mom asleep?"

Before the toddler can answer, Wanda cuts in. "Mommy's not sleeping, honey. She's just resting her eyes."

"She westing her eyes..." Emma repeats, sounding as sleepy as her Mom.

"Mom, my head feels weird. It's, like, really noisy. I don't like it." Billy scrunches his face up in pain.

"Resting. Her. Eyes." Wanda repeats softly, holding Emma closer to her as she closes her eyes again.

The twins leave, sharing a concerned look between one another, before going back downstairs.

Wanda and Emma lay there is silence for a few minutes, before Wanda taps Emma's bottom softly. "Okay. Let's get up baby."

Emma whines as her Mom throws the covers off them both, before giggling as she realises that her Mom was still in her Halloween costume.

"Mommy, your still dwessed uwp!" She exclaims, scrunching her nose as she giggles.

Wanda sighs, putting her hands over her face, before slowly getting out of bed.

She snaps her fingers, making herself change into some normal pyjamas, with a dressing gown and slippers.

"Let's go get you some breakfast, Emmy." On auto pilot, Wanda picks Emma up, taking her pacifier out of her mouth and setting it on the bedside table.

Emma whines, reaching out for it, but Wanda just carries on walking downstairs, where the arguing of Billy and Tommy was heard.

The twins stop fighting over the controller when they see their Mom walking downstairs in her dressing gown with her hair a mess.

Wanda holds up her free hand, signalling for them not go say anything as she walks into the kitchen, placing Emma gently on the counter, which just so happened to be where the sink was.

"Mommy!" Emma shouts angrily, as she falls into the thankfully dry sink.

Wanda jumps slightly at the sudden noise, before quickly realising what she had done.

"Sorry, baby." Wanda lifts Emma out of the sink, setting her on the kitchen island instead, a distant look still present on her face.

Wanda grabs two bowls from the cupboard, making sure on of them was plastic, and pours sugar snaps into both bowls.

She hands Emma her bowl of dry cereal, as she walks to the fridge, getting milk out for herself.

Emma immediately starts munching on the cereal, swinging her legs backwards and forwards against the counter.

Wanda turns around to get a spoon, but when she turns back the milk has changed from a bottle to a carton.

She looks at the milk suspiciously, before pouring it into her cereal as it changes back to a bottle.

Wanda raises an eyebrow at the bowl, giving it a sniff, before taking a bite and walking back into the living room, accidentally leaving Emma on the counter, unable to get down.

"Mommy!" Emma angrily whines, confused as to what was wrong with her Mom this morning,

Wanda jumps again, quickly speeding back into the kitchen. "I'm sorry, baby." She quickly apologises, lifting Emma of the counter and setting the toddler on the floor with her bowl.

Emma huffs, glaring up at her Mom. "Is not funny, Mommy!" She scolds, storming into the living room, with her Mom close behind her.

Emma storms onto the couch where her brothers were watching tv, and climbs up in between them, shoving some more dry cereal into her mouth messily.

"Have you seen your Dad?" Wanda asks the twins, walking into the living room.

They both shake there heads slowly.

"Um, no." Tommy raises an eyebrow at his Mom's weird behaviour.

"Do you wanna go look for him?" Billy offers, handing his sister back a piece of dropped cereal.

"Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it." Wanda shrugs, taking the remote and changing the channel to the weather forecast.

"Boring!" Emma immediately shouts, but her Mom ignores her.

"Hey, Mom." Billy starts cautiously. "Last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing Dad..." He trails off.

Wanda immediately snaps her head towards her kids. "Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle." She tells them bluntly.

"Who is he then?" Tommy asks in confusion.

Wanda chuckles dryly, pacing her bowl on the coffee table. "Here's the thing, kids."

"I'm your mom. And as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right?"

All three kids nod there heads.

"Well, I don't. I have... no answers!" Wanda laughs dryly.

Tommy and Billy share a look, while Emma stares at her Mom like she's grown another head.

"Zip. Zero. Zilch." Wanda continues while chuckling. "Nada. Niente." She points at each kid, nodding along with her answer.

"I'm starting to believe that everything is... meaningless."

Billy's and Tommy's eyes widen in confusion, while Emma stares at her Mom in pure cluelessness.

"Of course, you're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but that's just where I'm at." She laughs forcefully.

"Ok..." Billy answers for both his siblings as they were all too stunned to speak.

Hope you enjoyed that! And if you didn't then that's ur problem not mine so kindly fuck off