Forty-Six

Pulling up to a small Dallas Baptist church, Magenta parks her car

Pulling up to a small Dallas Baptist church, Magenta parks her car. Hopping down from her Audi she pulls down the black pencil dress as Pandora gets out from the passenger side. There's numerous people standing around the parking lot. She exchanges her slides for heels taking a deep sigh. Today is Chandrika's funeral and she knows it's going to be one of those days for everyone.

Walking towards the front of the church you can see ChaCha's family lining up so they can walk in together. Gen makes sure to hug all of her family, especially her mother. Their families have been intertwined for over a decade. Choice and Chandrika practically knew each other their entire life. That's why this is even harder.

Her brother doesn't know this life without her. Whether they were on bad or good terms, together or on a break, she was always the one. He has been no good all week. It was to the point Choice woke up this morning saying he's not coming to the funeral. Cortlen had to force him out of bed.

After less than a year of marriage he's now a widower...

Gen approaches her own mother hugging her next. Tempest shakes her head. Everyone's dressed in all black to the nines. Being from the south they don't play about laying someone to rest.

They're still waiting on Choice to arrive, so until then everyone's standing around talking. When Gen's phone rings she's expecting it to be Gee or her brother. Instead it's the D.A., which she hasn't spoken to since the first hearing was considered a mistrial.

Her day is already bad, so she debates on answering. With a huff she steps away and puts the phone to her ear. "Hello? Right now isn't the best time. Unless it's good news, I can't take it," she states frankly.

"It's good news..." The woman says with excitement in her voice.

"What happened?"

"Caprice and his legal team were trying to reach a plea bargain agreement between the prosecutor. You would've had to sign off on it, but not anymore. We're going to announce a superseding indictment tomorrow."

"What's that?"

"The superseding indictment replaces the original indictment. Two more women and counts will be added. We finally got more victims willing to speak up with enough evidence for a grand jury. The cases are now being investigated by the Federal Bureau of investigations also. This might become federal."