Vol 3 Epilogue: There Are Two.

Hirano pov:-

"Well this isn't suspicious at all..."

Sakayanagi had dragged me to a nearby alleyway between two stores. For somereason, she was all alone.

"What happened to your henchmen?"

"Don't worry about them. I thought that we could have a one on one chat."

(Definitely Suspicious.)

"So mind explaining why you sabotaged Class A?"

"You mean the new class B?"

Her smile grew colder and so did her voice.

"Please answer."

"Is there anything to answer? You were the one who first tried to expel me. Remember?"

"Fufu. Yes. But I also gave you a valuable clue. Or did you not pick up on it?"

I raised my eyebrow. (What does she mean?)

"Fufufu. So you didn't? Do you remember what I said as you were leaving my room that day?"

"I.... It was "Soccer club". Correct?"

"So you do remember. Was that not a good enough exchange?"

"What do you mean?" I started to grow impatient.

"Oh~ Why don't you think carefully about it? Think back to everything that happened this exam."

I recalled everything as my eyes opened with shock.

"Someone in my class who is in the soccer club is..."

"Fufufu."

"You knew?!" I shouted.

"Ofcourse. They were the ones who asked me for my help afterall."

"You... You won't tell me even if I ask, will you?"

She just stood there smiling at me. I took in a deep breath.

"I apologize for taking such actions but next time. Can you try not to expel me?"

"Who knows? I can't promise anything~"

"Okay then, What do you want to get off my back?"

"Hmmm.... Well you could take me to bed."

"Wha-!" I was shocked by her boldness.

"Fufufu! Your face looks so red!" She was laughing quietly as she teased me.

"Don't play with a guy's heart like that!"

"Okay. Okay. I will stop for now. Besides, you really aren't at my level anyway. A woman never dates someone she thinks of as a worm afterall~."

(Ouch. Rejected.)

"Well I will just be leaving now..." I was completely embarrassed by the situation. I just wanted to get out of that place.

"Oh! Before you go! I have one last thing to ask you."

"What is that?"

"What happened between you guys and that so called X?"

My face stiffened at what she said.

"Nothing. It seems like that guy didn't exist."

"Oh~ Is that so? So you just became the class leader after Ryuuen stepped down? And you defeated him alone?"

(Does she know about Ayanokouji?)
"I... I wasn't alone. I had Ishizaki and Albert by my side."

"Oh~ I never thought that they would ever betray Ryueen. But I guess you can't tell a person's true nature after all." She said with a soft smile.

"Oh. One last thing."

"What is it?"

"There are two."

I looked over at her with a confused look.

"What's that supposed to-"

"Bye. Bye." She waved at me. Motioning me to leave.

I decided to walk away even though I had questions. But I just wanted to get out of that situation as soon as possible.

"There are two? Did she mean-"

Timeskip:-

As I was leaving the place, I ran into two more people. As soon as they saw me, one of them motioned the other to leave.

(It looks like he wants to talk to me...)

Yahiko looked over at me and then walked away.

"Is something the matter Katsuragi?"

"I would like to talk about your request during the Paper Shuffle exam."

"Hmmmmm? Wait let me think.... Ah! Yes! I wanted to talk to Sakayanagi’s followers. What about it?"

"Would you mind telling me how our question sheet was leaked?" He asked me sternly. It seems he has no intention of playing around.

"I just held a little grudge. That's all."

"This was against our agreement. I thought I made it clear that I would listen to your request as long as it didn't have to betray my class."

Yes. I remember his words clearly. However...

"Why are you so worried about it?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, As far as the rest of class A is concerned, Sakayanagi lost the exam. So not only did she betray the class during the Island Exam but even lost you guys the Paper Shuffle putting her in a bad position. You can easily use this to gain more power over the class. You should be thanking me if anything."

"What you say is true. However, I still don't like the fact that I had to betray my own class."

"Sakayanagi would use every trick in the book she has to win. While you were just fulfilling a promise you made to me while not knowing my reasons. There is a difference Katsuragi. So don't worry about it."

He thought for a moment.

"Fine. I will accept it as a help from a friend for now."

"Great!" I smiled beaming with happiness that it didn't turn out into a serious problem. I mean, it did with Sakayanagi. But atleast I still have Katsuragi on my side to ask for help! So it's all good!

"Well, I have to get going. See ya."

I walked away and went back to the dorms. After reaching my room and locking the door, I laid down on my bed and seriously thought about what Sakayanagi said.

"Soccer Club.... There are two...."

After thinking about it, I decided to take a course of action.

I immediately called Soga.

"Hey Hirano! What's goin-"

"Soga. Do you know anyone in our class who is in a soccer club? And preferably has a sibling or something like that?"

"That's an odd request... I will get back to you on that."

"Good. I will wait for your call."

I hung up the phone. I laid there looking at my ceiling. Thinking about everything that happened since the Sports Festival.

"I hope the next session isn't as exhausting as this one."

Eitherway, I can't do anything about it now. All I can do is wait patiently and see how things turn out. But first...

I gotta start enjoying my winter vacation!