🍭 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 🍭

Jailen

There was a green envelope poking out from underneath my door. I knew what that meant. I'd finally paid off the $3,000 I owed. No, wait... Harry finally paid off the $3,000 I owed.

I frowned and unlocked my door, kicking the envelope to the side and not bothering to pick it up as I entered my apartment. It was just as I left it this morning and I found myself smiling as I closed the door.

I put my purse on the hook next to the door and took my shoes off. I took my cardigan off and tossed it onto the couch before I walked over to my bed. I climbed across it and opened the window. It was chillier than usual today but the breeze felt good in my apartment.

I told Jonah I would call him when I was finished, simply because I didn't want him to wait long. I don't even know what I was supposed to pack. How much was I allowed to bring to his house?

I huffed and plopped down on my bed. Bad idea because my ass stung and I groaned, falling onto my back and rolling on my side. Just that quick, I'd forgotten about what happened earlier. I don't know how because I felt it every time my thighs rubbed together when I walked, how sensitive I was still. I haven't been this tired in years.

My eyes were heavy and I relaxed in the bed. I grabbed one of the pillows and tucked it under my head. All I needed was a few minutes and I'd get up. I'd pack my clothes and call Jonah. Just a few minutes...

I rolled over and frowned at the sound of my neighbor stomping through her apartment again. The breeze from the window gusted over my face and it didn't take long for me to fall back into the mellow haze that I was in before. Just as I was falling asleep, the stomping sounded again. I lifted my head to look at the ceiling, my eyes burning with sleep and it was only then that I realized that the stomping was not what I thought it was.

My eyes flicked over to my front door and I squinted. The shadow underneath shifted before the pounding resumed, "What the fuck?" I mumbled as I got up from my bed. I rubbed my eyes as I walked towards the door, a yawn escaping from my throat, "Who is it?"

The banging only increased. The hinges shook and my frown deepened. Before I could think, I raised my hand and hit the door. Fortunately, the pounding stopped. Unfortunately, I used the hand that was wrapped in the ace bandage and it was too late when I realized it.

"Fuck!" I yelled, cradling my arm to my chest and leaning against the door. It throbbed painfully and I whimpered, "Son of a bitch-"

"Jailen, open the damn door!" Harry's voice came from the other side and I froze.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I straightened my back and looked around my apartment. It was dark, the only light coming from the streetlight outside my window. I glanced at the door before I reached into my purse that was still hanging by the door and pulled out my phone.

16 missed calls from (463) 592-4328

28 text messages from (463) 592-4328

4 voicemails from (463) 592-4328

My lips formed into an O and I hummed, quietly creeping closer to the door and leaning up on my tippy toes to look out the peephole, only to discover that I hadn't scraped the adhesive off of it from the eviction notice. Where was my head right now? I jumped back when Harry's fist hit the door once again.

"Jailen, you have three seconds before I break this fucking door down. 1..."

He didn't even make it to two before I was quickly unlocking the door and opening it. I only opened it enough so that he could see me. I squinted and smiled up at him, "Heeeyyyy, Harry."