Chapter 44. Into Battle

The Book of Revelation was the artifact that House Delta kept.

It contained the power to answer any question, in return for the asker's most significant thing. Due to this side effect, no humane person dared to use this artifact. Thus, it was left to Grand Duke Delta.

But... how was it possible for such an artifact to be stolen?

And at such a time?

Lucilline stared deeply at the servant, but the latter showed no signs of lying. The servant added on, "Because Grand Duke Delta was busy searching for Young Master, there was a lack of security. Perhaps that is why the artifact was stolen under our noses."

After such a sentence, Percival's body had tensed up.

His lean figure was taut, and the sound of his fist twisting the fabric had crinkled in the air.

"Enough." Lucilline sighed. "Whether there was a lack of guards or not, your incompetence in guarding the artifact will be discussed thoroughly with the King and Queen."

Upon hearing that, the servant sweated. He loosened his hold on Percival. "Understood."

Daphnne and Azalea tossed each other a glance. It seemed that Percival had gone missing from House Delta, ever since Grand Duke Delta attempted at grounding him. This sudden "disappearance" caused Grand Duke Delta to send out troops in search of him. Instead, it only weakened their guard for the artifact, causing someone to revolt and steal it.

The two protagonists sent Percival a look that read "don't worry".

"It was not your fault that the artifact was stolen." Daphnne reassured the brown-haired nobleman. "In any case, don't worry."

Azalea nodded along, his sincere gaze had softened Percival's worries.

Lucilline pursed his lips. "Well, we should get the artifact back." He turned to the servant. "Any news on the whereabouts of the thief?"

The servant had a hunched back from exhaustion. "They couldn't have gone far from the residence! Our guards have already barricaded the entire circumference! Later, the thieves will have to show themselves...!"

Percival lifted his head.

He gritted his teeth, "I'll make sure to take the artifact back."

*****

The sound of racing footsteps littered everywhere on the streets.

Two figures blended in through the shadows. Tetra and Gilg both wore black clothing, with the speed of their running making their figures blur. In Tetra's arms was held a divine book—the Book of Revelation...! It had a hard cover, placated in several hard layers, embellished with patterns of an arching Crown. The golden sides were curving down, like the long necks of geese bending to have a sip of pond water.

Inside of the book were fluttering pages, radiating a blinding golden light.

It was difficult to ignore this ray of light, especially in the pitch black darkness of the night.

Tetra wanted to curse. If he knew just how conspicuous he would appear from stealing this artifact, he would have left the job to someone else...!

Thankfully, he had a companion by his side—

Gilg yawned, not even bothering to cover his wide mouth. "When will this be over with? I want to go home and sleep..." He almost snoozed and toppled over while running.