(II) Chapter 18 - The Family

[Takeji's POV]

"Hey... Are you alright? Sorry for dropping that so casually..." She said with a faint voice. It looks like Nino got dejected when I wasn't able to reply right away.

"Hmm? Sorry... It's alright! I just didn't know what to say right then and there."

"Are you sure?" I felt her hand holding mine.

"Yes, I'm sure. But if you don't mind me asking, what's the reason? Are you not allowed to have a boyfriend?"

"No, it's not that. It's just... My eldest sister is already in a relationship... Then the fourth sibling also has one... I just don't want papa to think that I'm getting into a relationship just because my sisters have one. I want to let him know that I'm in a relationship because it's what makes me happy. That I'm not just following a trend... I don't want him to think anything negative about our relationship..."

"I see. I understand. If that's what you decided, then... I don't have any problems with it." I smiled at her.

"Really!? Thanks, Babe! But I promise, alright? You'll be able to meet them soon and they'll know about us." I can see her regaining her smile.

Another week had passed and Saturday morning came. Nino told me that she wants to meet my parents and that we'll also use the time to study for the upcoming examination.

"Nii-chan, you're really excited huh?" Misako teased me.

"How can you tell?"

"Well... You're cleaning the living room like there's no tomorrow! You've even re-arranged our shelves!" She voiced out as I looked at the time.

"Oh, sorry!" I said as I scratched my head. "It's still a bit early. I was just really excited."

"That's okay. I'm excited to meet Nino-chan too. Or should I say, Nino Onee-chan?" She smiled.

"I mean, I don't think she would mind. You can tell her once she—"

I was interrupted when the doorbell rang. I head to the gate to check who it was.

"Good morning babe!" Nino greeted me with a cheerful smile on her face.

"Babe? Aren't you a bit—"

"What? I wanted to visit a bit more early! Do you have a problem with that?" She raised her left eyebrow.

"N—Nothing. Please come in!" I smiled at her.

"Good!" She held my hand and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "By the way, I brought these."

She handed me a box.

"What's this?"

"Cookies! I wanted to share it with your parents and Misako-chan. I cooked it myself ya know." She said while we head inside the house.

"Pardon the intrusion—"

"Nino-chan!" Misako exclaimed.

"Misako-chan! Good morning!" Nino replied with a smile.

"Why does it seem like they're already close? Not that I'm complaining though."

We both took a seat on the couch.

"So, you're Nino? Pleased to meet you. I'm Noriko, (Y/N)'s mother." Mom introduced herself to Nino as she walked toward us.

"Is she here already?" I heard dad as he walks down the stairs.