0.08 | 𝘙𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥

8==<\/>==8
|                    |

After that, we fall silent, both looking out over the ponds.

It's the type of quiet out here that I enjoy, not like the one in the hangar before I found out Poe was missing.

I find myself relaxing, my nerves slipping away as I sit here, my thoughts drifting.

I honestly can't wait 'till my life is like this. Peaceful. No war, no threats, just safety and calmness.

"You know, Poe's been through a lot. I'll let him tell you everything, but he's been having nightmares." The Mandalorian says, breakong the silence "Mirah's had to get up every night to calm him 'cause he's been screaming in his sleep."

His words sadden me. Poe shouldn't have gone alone. I should have been there and this wouldn't have happened.

"He's called out your name a few times, ya know?" He tells me, the information surprising me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure why, but the way he screams it, sounds like he misses you."

I fall silent, only sighing as I think.

"I miss him more than anything." I solemnly reply.

"Sounds like you two care about each other a lot." The Mandalorian suggests.

"Of course I care about him. He's my partner. I-" I say, trailing off for lack of words.

"Like I said, Mirah and I were partners once, too. But you two seem to care about each other the same way she and I care about each other."

My forehead scrunches down in confusion at his words, and I turn my head back towards him "I'm sorry... I don't follow?"

He looks back at me, and readjusts himself in his seat.

"Look, the way that boy talked about you, he cares about you a lot. Not just as a partner. But as a person. I'm not suggesting anything, but I think the person he really needs right now is you. Just be there for him, okay?"

"I plan to." I say nodding as my gaze looks back to the view in front of me.

We sit there in silence for only a few more minutes, but it's not long before I see a familiar head of dark curls emerge from the woods on the other side of the village.

I waste no time jumping up from my seat, my feet carrying me as fast as possible over to him.

His gaze lights up as he sees me, and he turns and says something to his aunt, before turning back to me as he also starts to run.

We meet in the middle of the small village, and I don't bother stopping as I run straight into his arms, wrapping my own around his neck.

I almost knock us down, but I don't care. I finally have him back.

His arms wrap around me immediately as he steadies the both of us.

I hear him take in a sharp breath in, no doubt from his injuries, so I lossen my grip as his head nuzzles into where my shoulder meets my neck, and he squeezes me tightly.

"You're back. You're back, you're back you're back." I rush out, somewhat out of breath.

I pull him closer to me, fearing if I let go, he'll disappear. I try to stop the tears that threaten to fall, but the realization of finally having him here with me doesn't help, and the tears fall anyways.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. We're okay." He says breathlessly into my neck, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one crying.

I take a deep breath in, his scent filling my nostrils.

My previous worries are right, he's not the same. He just feels different, everything about him does. It pains me that he's not the same, but I can't begin to imagine what he's been put through, so I understand that he's not going to be the same for a while.

I gently squeeze him one last time before unhooking my arms and pulling away from him so that I can see him better.

I don't pull away completely, just move my hands to his biceps as his move down to the sides of my waist.

I notice the gash on his head first, then the one on his cheek and the bruises too.

But it's the look in his eyes that shows where most of the pain is from.

Normally, his deep brown colored eyes are crincked at the corners from his smile, and there's always a sparkle to them.

But as I look at him now, they seem dull and lifeless. The sparkle that's usually there has been put out and the crinkled corners seems long gone for the time being.

The underneath of his eyes is dark, looking like he hasn't slept I days. And the Normally bright white part of his eyes is red rimmed as his gaze glances back and forth between my eyes

"Oh, Poe..." I say first, moving my right hand up to his cheek, gently rubbing my thumb right next to the gash.

He stays silent, his eyes closing, and I feel his body relax as he as he leans into my touch.

"Sabe."

It's all he says. His eyes stay closed, but I can tell he's trying to hold back the tears.

His voice pains me, pulling at the strings of my heart, and I feel my own eyes begin to water again.

"I'm here now, Poe. We're okay. You're safe now." I tell him, removing my hand from his face and pulling him back into me.

His arms wrap around my torso and he places his head back to wear he first put it, and I feel his body wrack I silent sobs.

I run my hand up and down his back, hoping it comforts him. But honestly, I'm at a loss of what to do. He seems so broken, and I feel so helpless.

But like the Mandalorian said, just be there for him, and with him in my arms, I don't think I plan on letting him go.

"You're safe now, Poe." I say, sighing and taking a deep breath in. "Let's get you home."

Yay! They're back together! FINALLY.

Poor Poe, tho :( Our handsome man is hurting. And sad. But it'll be okay cause Sabe is here now lol.

I feel like I drew out long but I wanted to make you guys suffer I guess lol. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it.