008

James and Lily Potter looked at each other for a long moment, both adults standing in front the very dull looking door of Number Four, Privet Drive

After swallowing the lump in her throat, Lily knocked on the door. She doubted that Aria was going to remember them, especially considering she lived with her sister, but that was fine. After telling the child all about magic and her twin brother who was a hero, Lily was sure the girl would be all too happy to return to her family.

After all, they left her here for 10 years just so that Harry can grow up without a jealous and bitter sibling.

And also because they thought she was a squib.

But turns out she wasn't, so, how joyful!

The couple back away a couple of steps once they heard heavy thundering of footsteps approaching, and soon enough, the very big, red and purplish face of Vernon Dursley was opening the door and facing them.

"Tuney!!" He bellowed, causing Petunia to come running toward the front door. A gasp escaped the woman's lips once her gaze fell on the Potter Matriarch and her husband.

"Y-You!" She screeched, pointing a shaking finger in Lily's direction.

James was starting to think that it really was a bad idea to send his daughter here.

"Petunia...I-" Lily had started, but was cut off by her sister.

"What's a freak like you and your husband doing in front of my house!" She hissed, pushing Vernon out of the way so she could properly glare at the couple.

"How dare you!" James started, taking a threatening step toward Petunia who backed up, fortunately, Lily grabbed his arm and gave him a look, instantly silencing him.

"I'm not looking for trouble, Pet. We're here to pick up Aria." Lily spoke, her brows knotting together in a serious frown.

"Who?" The Dursley couple asked at the same time.

"Aria...my daughter, I've left her with you ten years ago." Lily reminded with slight panic, her heart skipping a beat. James seemed to be unmoving, staring back and forth between the couple, blue eyes wide in horror.

"You mean the baby you've left at our doorstep who disappeared five minutes after we took her in?" Vernon questioned, then scoffed when he saw the horrified look on both Potters.

"W-What do you mean disappeared? That can't be true." James asked, on the verge of breaking down. Aria...his one and only daughter, had disappeared a decade ago and no one ever knew anything about it?

"I thought you said she didn't have your freakish powers? Because she clearly did what with the way she vanished out of nowhere." Petunia sniffed, nose high in the air. Serves them right for throwing away their child.

"No, no, no. This is impossible, you're lying!" James exclaimed, pushing both adults away and stomping inside the house. "Aria! Aria, where are you?!" He yelled, voice desperate. Lily was still standing at the door, unmoving, as if she couldn't believe what she'd just heard.

"Get out of my house, you have no right to stroll here as if you own the place after throwing away your kid!" Petunia screeched, pushing the man back toward the door.

"My Aria." James sobbed, staring at nothing in particular. The body his soul took home in wobbled and soon his vision literally faded. The warmth in him settled for nothing, he was cold. This couldn't be happening. He lost his beautiful daughter.

They should've never listened to Dumbledore.

Where are you Aria?

Tony, Aria, Natasha and Bucky all arrived at London and somehow found their way to Diagon Alley all in the span of twelve hours.

Unlike how Sirius described Diagon Alley, it wasn't all cramped together with people in robes bustling about. Nonmagical fashion seemed to be slightly accepted as Natasha counted more jeans and shirts than robes and cloaks. The stores all seemed to share magical and normal items in equal measure; she thought she heard someone talk about checking out the movie center as they walked by. In the window of a few buildings she noticed sale promotion for school supplies.

And throughout it all was the buzz and hum of magic filled the air, giving the whole thing a heightened feel to it. She wondered if it always felt like this or if the awe faded after time.

Tony had taken charge and led them to the first store that caught his attention.

Which turned out to be the magical equivalent of an electronics store. Aria and Bucky shared an exasperated look at that.

"So they haven't quite managed to find a way to make cell phones or laptops and the like work around areas of concentrated magic, like magical households or magic schools or this place, but they do have other things that do some of the same things." Tony explained to them after he finally let the poor shop assistant go after interrogating him.

The genius picked up two rectangular mirrors the length of his hand and gave one to Aria. "They use these instead of video calling. You key the other mirrors you want to be able to call into each one, like a contact list, and then just say the name you have it listed under. You can put a password on it like on a phone or use your magical signature. These two have already been keyed to each other for demonstration. Say FaceTime to the mirror" He told Aria.

Aria did as instructed and watched in fascination as the surface of the mirror she was holding, shimmered and vibrated softly, reminding her of a dialing phone. Tony's mirror started to vibrate much more harshly and the man showed how the screen displayed who was calling, 'Floating baby' flashing in and out.

"Accept." Tony said clearly. His image appeared on Aria's mirror in perfect clarity.

The girls tilted the mirror to show her dad. "Cool. It shows up better than on my phone."

"Well, if you stopped getting syrup on everything..." Bucky trailed off with a smirk. Aria stuck her tongue out at him to which he responded by tugging on her ear just enough to earn him a scowl. Then he stuck his own tongue at her.

Tony ignored them. "They have journals that you write in and whatever you write shows up in the other one, like emailing or texting. They don't vibrate like the mirrors, but they either heat up or glow for a few seconds."

"They don't have something that lets you video call and text?" Aria asked, handing Natasha the mirror and walking over to a shelf to pick up a journal. She turned it over in her hands as she inspected it.

"Not that I could find out." Tony answered, apparently having had the same thought as the girl. "And with the mirrors if you miss a call, there's no voicemail or missed call notification like with a phone. I'm thinking of bulk ordering them to mess around with in the lab."

"With Loki?" Bucky questioned. He moved to stand by Aria, not wanting to be too far from her in an unknown environment.

Tony grinned. "And her Dogfather. Wanna have these bad boys upgraded in time for Aria to take a few with her to school." He explained.

"I thought you were trying to figure out how to make actual electronics work at Hogwarts?" Aria pointed out, absentmindedly tracing the ridges of the spine of the journal in her hand.

"Still working out the kinks and I don't want you to be three weeks in and they start spazzing out. It's better to work with a working template and go from there. With my genius, Siri's understanding of earth magic, and Loki's, well, Loki, we should be able to send you off with a magic phone and tablet."

"Awesome." Aria smirked, before putting back the journal and resuming to look around while the adults continued discussing with the worker.

Once Tony finished his business at the shop, the group left to buy the rest of Aria's supplies, missing a certain family, consisting of a redhead, a man with messy brown hair, and boy with green eyes making their way inside the shop.