Chapter 29

The news about Catherina having an unknown disease already spread throughout the empire.

Dorothea Knyghte was worried about Catherina and she wanted to visit her. But she wasn't allowed in the Dwight mansion.

The crown prince also wanted to visit her but was rejected as well.

The only ones who could see Catherina were her family.

Raphael Dwight couldn't go to the palace and work because he was too concerned about his daughter. Carla and Callahan were the same.

They were too worried about Catherina's health.

...

Two days later...

*Cough*

One cough was all it took for Catherina to spit out blood.

'This is abnormal....'

*Gasp*

Her mother's gasp was heard after she entered her room.

Carla quickly ran up to her and wiped her blood using her dress's sleeve.

"Mother."

"Shhh, you're going to be alright. I already sent your brother to the East yesterday to get some medicine. Did you know? The East is known for their specialty and knowledge in both mana and medicine. That's why you need not to worry. Callahan will be back soon." Carla comforted her.

Catherina couldn't help but cry baseless tears.

She pitied her mother who didn't know anything. She felt sad about saying goodbyes. She didn't want to say goodbye.

But she knew for herself that it was almost time.

'If only I didn't have this disease. Would things be different if that were the case?'

"Why are you crying? Come here, my baby." Carla hugged her and patted her back.

Catherina was on her bed because she was too tired to even move. Maybe talking to her mother was her last straw.

"Mother."

"Yes, dear?"

"I have something to tell you. Can you listen to it?"

"Of course."

Unknowingly, Catherina came to open up to her mother about her past life.

She narrated her life on earth and regarded it as a dream.

Her mother listened to her story til the end without any questions.

"What do you think about the girl's family's reaction if she died?" Catherina asked.

"Every child is precious. Surely no parent would like to see their children get hurt and worse, die." Her mother replied.

Just thinking about her family in the last life makes her heart ache.

'It must've been hard for them when I died.' Catherina quietly thought.

*Drip*

Another round of blood dripped out of her nose.

"Oh no."

Carla immediately wiped her blood. She didn't even care if her sleeve got blood on it anymore.

"Your sleeve will get dirtier." Catherina chuckled.

"My sleeve isn't worth to be worried by anything."