~ Black Sand ~

Down to the streets, where Razoul and a couple of other guards are chasing something.

"Stop that ... thing!" Razoul ordered.

The guards are chasing -- Mozenrath's slippery accomplice, Xerxes. As he flies around a corner, he begins to taunt the guards.

"Thing, stop thing, stop thing!"

He laughs and flies off again. The guards continue to chase.

"What is it, anyway?" Hakim asked.

"Who cares? It's evil, it's ugly, it-" Razoul ranted.

"It bites!" Fazal whimpered.

The backs of the guards now, revealing a hole in Fazal's pants. Xerxes, still flying a little way off, obviously hears this.

"I bite, I bite! Hee hee hee!"

He flies off again. The guards continue to chase Xerxes until he comes to a dead end. Xerxes comes to a halt just before he hits the wall, gasps, and turns to see the guards gaining on him. The guards begin to advance on him.

"Good job, men. The beast is trapped." Razoul said.

Xerxes looks fearful; then a voice out of the darkness startles the guards.

"No. You are trapped."

Razoul looks back over his shoulder.

"What? Who dares?"

The silhouette figure revealed Mozenrath as he approached them threatenly.

"I am Mozenrath, Lord of the Black Sand."

He is holding some sand in his gloved hand, which he blows in the direction of the guards. They struggle and yell out as the sand envelops them, but it is too strong, and soon the guards all vanish. Xerxes flies over to Mozenrath.

"Black sand, black sand!'

Mozenrath pets him.

"Yes, Xerxes. And there's plenty more where that came from."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the day at the palace, Razoul and all the other guards are carrying barrels and setting them down near the palace wall. They all appear to be in a trance as they do so. From a balcony above, Iago was watching them.

"That's a lotta barrels. And you know they're filled to the brim with caviar."

Abu joins him on the balcony, holding his nose at the thought of caviar along with Blue.

"Eww."

"Don't obsess on the fish eggs! This means the Sultan's throwing a party. A clam bake. A shindig. We're gonna boogaloo with the bigwigs tonight."

He starts heading off. Abu seems more interested in this idea and begins to follow, both of them strutting happily. Suddenly, Iago stops.

"Wait a minute. Nobody invited me to this party!"

On the word 'bottom', Iago slaps Abu on the back, and he falls off the balcony, screeching as he falls. Iago flies down and catches him before he hits the ground, and the two of them perch on a couple of the barrels.

"A-hem!"

They have to scarper since Razoul puts down another barrel where they were. Blue lands besides them and looks at Razoul suspiciously at his odd behavior.

"Didn't invite us, eh? Bird and money cramp the royal style! Hah!"

When he doesn't get any response from Razoul, Iago flies after him.