[ 46 ]

CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX
- FUN -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Jay wants to kill Jiwoo!" Jake shouted loudly at the couple.

Sunghoon gasped as Jiwoo fell silent. "Why?" Sunghoon asked as he grabbed Jiwoo's hand and rubbed the upper hand of her with his tumb.

"It doesn't matter why!" Jake yelled as his voice cracked. "RUN! RUN WHILE YOU STILL-"

Bang... shot... hit...

Jake's eyes widened as he felt a hard smash on his back. His face turned pale as he slowly went to his back with his hand. He quietly rubbed his back and looked down at his hand.

Blood.

Jiwoo looked at Jake's hands and her mouth fell open in bewilderment. Her eyes began to fill with tears that immediately rolled down her cheeks. Her whole body began to shake.

Sunghoon stumbled backwards out of shock in the meantime, releasing Jiwoo her hand.

Jake looked up at Sunghoon and then focused his gaze only on Jiwoo. He smiled slightly. "I love you, Jiwoo."

After saying those words, Jake fell forward into Sunghoon's house.

"JAKE!" Jiwoo shouted as she ran toward Jake and crouched down in front of him.

She brushed her hand through his hair as her tears continued to flow nonstop.

Sunghoon stood still and looked at the sight before him with teary eyes. Jiwoo shook Jake, trying to wake him up. "Wake up, Jake," she kept saying. "Don't die here!"

She sobbed as she bit her lower lip. Jake's dead body and Jiwoo her living body drowned in a pool of red blood. "Jake, please," She said. "I can't lose you here now. Come on, Jake! COME ON!"

Sunghoon looked up at Jay and Jay at him. Still Jay had the gun pointed at the spot where he hit Jake in the back. Slowly, Sunghoon shook his head. "Why?" He lip-synced as finally a tear rolled down his cheek.

Jay's lips formed a grin as he slowly moved the gun and pointed it at Jiwoo's head, who was still trying to wake Jake up.

Sunghoon's eyes widened. "JIWOO!" He called out.

Jiwoo looked up at Sunghoon, crying. "Not now!" She said sobbing.

"RUN NOW!" Sunghoon screamed with pain in his throat. "RUN!"

Jiwoo looked up at Jay and saw the gun pointed at her. She fell backwards onto the floor, on her butt and crawled backwards across the floor. Her feet left streaks of blood on the floor.

Quickly she stood up and grabbed Sunghoon's arm. "Come with me," She said, but Sunghoon objected.

He yanked his arm from her grip and turned to face her. "Get out of here. I'll fight him," Sunghoon said firmly.

"What if you die like Jake? I can't lose both of you!" Jiwoo said with red eyes and cheeks.

"Go," Sunghoon whispered as he turned and saw Jay running towards the two. "GO NOW!"

Jiwoo nodded slowly and ran up the stairs only to escape out the window to the other side of the street.

Jay ran towards Sunghoon, fast. Sunghoon already knew he wouldn't make it, because Jay was a lot stronger than him and had weapons on him.

Suddenly, Jay dove towards Sunghoon. "I hate you!" He shouted as he grabbed him by the throat and pushed him against the wall.

-

On the upper floor of Sunghoon's house, Jiwoo ran to the window of Sunghoon's bedroom. She opened the curtains and then opened the window itself. She sat down in the windowsill, ready to climb out, but turned her head back to Sunghoon's bedroom one more time.

Did she really have to go now? Sunghoon had not been strong lately, both physically and emotionally. Jay is a lot stronger. Would Sunghoon even make it on his own?

She herself had killed someone, so she could do it again now if she wanted to, only Jay had weapons with him and she didn't. All she had was a fist, nothing else.

She sat quietly in the windowsill, listening to the sounds. There was only silence. All she heard was Sunghoon's loud panting and the wind from outside blowing into the bedroom through the open window.

Out of nowhere unexpectedly, she heard loud footsteps. "I hate you!" Was vaguely shouted.

Jiwoo her eyes widened, hearing that it was Jay's voice.

Had he entered the house?

After hearing a loud thump, Jiwoo quickly jumped from the windowsill back into the room and ran to Sunghoon's desk.

She pulled open all the drawers and rummaged everywhere and anywhere. All kinds of papers flew out of the drawers and finally she found what she was looking for.

A pair of scissors... You can hurt someone with those, right?

-

Sunghoon collided with his back against the hard wall due to Jay's push. He squeezed his throat, almost causing Sunghoon to choke.

His eyes began to fill with tears as he grabbed Jay's wrists and tried to push him away, but Jay's grip grew stronger and stronger, it was no use.

"Why..." Sunghoon choked out. His voice already sounded quite hoarse. "Why are you doing this?"

Jay gritted his teeth. "I hate her! She makes you a terrible person and gives you a nasty behavior. The police investigated everything about her murder case and told us that the person who kidnapped your sweet girl-"

"Who!" Sunghoon shouted.

Jay's grip on Sunghoon's throat only grew stronger. Sunghoon quickly gasped and enlarged his eyes. The back of his head collided with the wall.

"Your father," Jay smirked. "Your father made sure she lived in all that pain for the past few years. I'm grateful to your father for being-"

"Let him go!"

A voice from behind Jay's back sounded. Jay gasped and let go of Sunghoon when he suddenly felt a stab in his lower back.

Jay turned around with an angry look as his right hand drifted toward his back. He felt the object being stabbed into his back.

"A pair of scissors, huh?" Jay said and then shot an eerie laugh.

Sunghoon, meanwhile, crashed to the ground. He was barely breathing and air was difficult to obtain. Jiwoo turned her head toward him and her eyes began to fill with salty tears.

Quickly she ran up to him and crouched down beside him. She put her hands on his shoulders and then gave him a hug. "Are you okay?"

"Go."

Jiwoo interrupted the hug and looked at Sunghoon with her head slightly tilted. "What?"

"He told you to go," Jay chuckled.

Jiwoo was startled, falling backwards onto the floor and turning herself around. She looked up at Jay, who was smiling creepily at her and who had the scissors in his hands, which were covered in blood, which Jiwoo had used to stab him in the back earlier.

"It's time."

Sunghoon's eyes widened as he tried to get up, but slipped causing him to kick Jay on the knee only to have him fall backwards.

Jiwoo quickly stood up and helped Sunghoon up. "We have to go," She said hurriedly.

Quickly she pulled Sunghoon with her, who stumbled on his weak legs, but soon the pair were stopped by a harsh pull on Jiwoo's hair.

She screamed.

"Don't run," His whispering voice sent shivers down her spine. "The fun has only just begun."

-

A/N :: I made Jay so mean in this book PLEASE FORGIVE ME TT
          Jay is my bias (together with sunoo) so dw :")