Chapter 11

You thought this book was dead but no - I am back! With a new cover too.

Additional TW: blood

"Uff... Gutted that I lost. But I'd expect nothing less from you! And all that after I got my Poké Ball throw perfect too...", Hop kneels down and takes his defeated Sobble into his arms. With is index finger he wipes away the tears that form in the corner of Sobble's eyes and smiles at it. "Don't cry. Just as the joy of victory is the sting of defeat is part of becoming stronger, right?"

After a heated battle Gloria was able to achieve victory for herself. To be fair, if it weren't for her agile Scorbunny Hop could have won too.

Leon approaches the two with clapping hands. "Impressive, impressive! After seeing a match like that one I suppose I've little choice but to give you both an endorsement."

You jog up to your friends and your eyes shine just as brightly as theirs. "Congrats you two! You deserve this. Now we can certainly say that we can go on adventures together!"

Hop nods eagerly. "Yep and in the end we will face each other in the final tournament and determine who of us will fight against Lee!"

"And if one of us doesn't make it to that last tournament they will have to serve the others for a day without being able to turn down any of the requests.", Gloria adds with a mischievous grin.

"That's motivation enough not to be a slowpoke."

Your cheerfulness is crowned by shooting stars crashing down from the sky. They land not all too far from the Professor's House. The whole group walks to the spot where shining stones fell down and upon closer inspection there are a total of two meteorites laying there. Your Eevee is the first one to touch them - or rather to play with them. The soft reddish light is reflected by your partners silver fur.

Hop's eyes do the same. "Can you believe it? Those are Wishing Stars! With one of these your Pokémon can use Dynamax! How lucky we must be for them to fall so close to us!"

"Well, they say that Wishing Stars fall down for those who have a true wish in their heart, you know. So it wasn't just pure luck but acknowledgement too.", Leon explains.

"I've never heard of Wishing Stars..."

Professor Magnolia picks up the two stones and observes them closely. "That's because Wishing Stars consist of a specific type of rock that is more common in the Galar Region. The anomaly that attracts these meteorites probably doesn't exist in your region, (Y/N). Hmm... In their current state they won't do anything. If you lend me those for today I can make them usable for you."

"But aren't there just two of them? One of us three would be left empty-handed.", Gloria states.

Before anybody can indirectly say who they like most you speak up. "Gloria and Hop can have 'em. The stars only fell down after their battle so I think it would only be fair when they get those items."

"But you deserve it just as much as we do! It would be totally unfair if one of us has less than the others during the start of their journey!", Hop protests.

"Sadly, we only have two and nobody using it would be a waste of those heavenly presents. So shut up and accept it."

"Then you have to promise that you train twice as hard. Promise?" Gloria offers you her hand which you accept.

"Promise."

Shaking her head Professor Magnolia walks back to her house. "What an energetic youth we have these days..."

Since you have to wait for the Wishing Stars to be made into something usable the whole group has to stick around the Professor's House for now. At first everybody agreed to train with Leon - there aren't many chances to train with the very busy Champion after all - but after some time you got a headache and left. The others wanted to go with you however you told them to just continue without you and they, probably, listened. Together with your Pokémon you sit down next to the nearby lake. There is not a single breath of wind so the water surface is perfectly smooth.

"I wish I had a fishing rod..."

You look at Grookey who uses a stick and at Eevee who uses its paws to play with the water.

"Is there even something fishable in there?" Dunking your head into the water you try to spot a Pokémon in the water which is extremely hard as the water blurs your vision. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your nose. An Arrokuda got a firm grip on you with its teeth. "OH GOD, GET THAT THING OFF ME! WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE MY FACE!?"

Eevee jumps up and bites the fish in the tail - without a positive result. By now the others heard that something happened too and run towards you.

"(Y/N), what ha- Why is there an Arrokuda on your nose?!" Hop tries to separate you from the Pokémon but its jaw is immovable.

"Let me try something else." With the Poké Ball in her hand Gloria catches the fish. The ball shakes multiple times until stars appear around it. "Friend saved and a new Pokémon caught - a-two-in-one deal~ And now we should get you inside because that nose looks nasty." She hands you her handkerchief to staunch the flow of blood. Her voice might sound carefree but her eyes tell you she isn't.

Half an hour later your nose is patched up and covered with a wide Band-Aid. Leon might have done his best to make the procedure of disinfecting as painless as possible but it still stings horribly.

Leon sighs. "What a shame that it always has to be your face..."

"Pokémon must be jealous of your pretty face~" Smirking Gloria hands you a hot chocolate.

"But then they would have to do a lot more than that to ruin it even just a bit."

The brunette nods. "True."

Some part of Hop's heart wants to add a compliment to Leon's and Gloria's conversation but he can't think of one so he keeps quiet.

You on the other hand don't see the compliments as such but more like attempts to cheer you up. "Thank you all..."

The rest of the evening is spent with laughing over stupid stories and card games.

I am soooooo sorry that I haven't updated for a long time but when I got less time to write I had to pause one of my stories (this one) and I sorta never got back to writing again

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!