Part 2: Demi-Human Continent | Empire of the Demi-Humans, Elmstacia

The Part 2 begins.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 19, 2027

Kourbossa City, Elmstacia Empire, Annan Continent

The Annan Continent, located in the south of the world known as Terralus, is commonly known as the "demi-human continent" because the population ratio of demi-humans far surpasses that of humans. On January 19, 2027, the Maritime Self-Defense Force's amphibious assault ship Oga was anchored a short distance from the shore of the port city of Kourbossa in the Elmstacia Empire, the largest nation on the Annan Continent, commonly known as the "Empire of Demi-Humans".

"That's a big ship."

Residents of the town looked at the Oga in curiosity. Because the water in the harbor was deep enough, the Oga was berthing in the harbor.

"What country is this ship from?"

"I heard it's a ship from that country called Japan."

"Eeh, that country we've been hearing so much about lately!? They say it destroyed the Altian Empire, one of the Seven Dragons..."

"What the heck is a Japanese ship doing here?"

Residents are in an uproar over the sudden appearance of an iron ship over 250 meters long. The Oga brought with her a delegation sent by the Japanese government to this country.

. . .

Capital Elie-Darren

General Section of the Foreign Affairs Office Reception Room

Upon arrival in the inland capital of Elie-Darren, the members of the Japanese delegation were ushered into the diplomatic office and sat nervously at the negotiating table, waiting for the representative of the Elmstacia Empire to enter. By the way, it was the Japanese side that proposed negotiations for the establishment of diplomatic relations this time. The Elmstacia Empire is a country that must be passed through the vicinity of the Wirenia Continent on its southward journey to the Juperia Continent, and therefore, it would like to have a port call on the Annan Continent in case of unforeseen circumstances. This was the Japanese government's plan.

"The Head of the Foreign Affairs, Master Sicium, will be here shortly."

The guard's notification made Kiichi Uemura and Hijiri Nakamine, two diplomats sent by Japan, tense. Soon after, the door to the reception room was opened and a man was standing there.

"!"

Uemura's eyes widened involuntarily as the Director of the Foreign Affairs Office looked like a middle-aged or elderly Western man, but he had cute 'rabbit ears' sticking out of his head.

"...Hngg! Ghh!"

"..."

Uemura, without a moment's pause, elbowed Nakamine in the stomach, who was about to freak out at the sight of his appearance. The shock of the elbow running through his body made Nakamine's posture sway a little.

"Oh, is something wrong?"

Sicium asked Nakamine, who looked somewhat distressed, in a concerned tone.

"Haha... no, don't worry about it."

Nakamine replied with a forced smile.

'Sorry, Uemura-san!'

'Idiot! Don't freak out in a place like this!'

Uemura scolded his subordinate in a whisper so that those around him cannot hear. Nakamine also resented for a moment the behavior of his boss, who suddenly gave him an elbow strike, but was relieved when the laughter receded thereby. The two then took their seats facing their counterpart across the table. The discussion begins with mutual self-introductions.

"My name is Sicium Vinacave, Director of the Elmstacia Empire's Foreign Affairs Office. Members of the Japanese diplomatic delegation... I am glad to see you have traveled a long way to meet us."

"My name is Kiichi Uemura from the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is my subordinate Hijiri Nakamine. Thank you for agreeing to this meeting."

After the greetings, the discussions quickly got down to business. First, Japan proposed that diplomatic relations be established between Japan and the Elmstacia Empire, and that the Elmstacia Empire's port facilities be strengthened at Japanese expense to allow Japanese vessels to enter the port.

"...We are very happy to strengthen the port with your technology... but we have a few concerns."

"?"

Sicium frowned at the Japanese proposal. Just as Uemura was about to ask what the 'concern' was, one of the civil servants working for the Foreign Affairs Office suddenly barged into the room.

"Excuse me!"

The official approached them, out of breath. He had white wings on his back. Sicium scolded him.

"You are being disrespectful to our envoy! We are in the middle of a meeting now!"

"I-I am truly sorry! But it was an urgent—"

The official whispered to Sicium to inform him of the requirement. Sicium's eyes widened in shock at what was said. He then turned to the Japanese delegation and told them about what the official had told him.

"His Majesty the Emperor of our country has expressed his desire to meet with you, the Japanese delegation. Will you come with us to the Imperial Palace?"

"!"

Hearing these words, Uemura and Nakamine could not hide their surprise. They were told that the leader of the Elmstacia Empire had expressed a desire to meet them in person. Uemura and Nakamine were hurriedly driven to the Imperial Palace in a carriage prepared by the Elmstacia Empire.

Emperor's Residence

The emperor's residence, located in the center of the capital, was as majestic as that of the Altian Empire, a former world power. The delegation brought to the Imperial Palace was led to the throne room. When they opened the large door, they found a man and woman sitting on two thrones.

"On the right is His Majesty the Emperor of Elmstacia, Schildrea Tepes, and on the left is Her Majesty the Empress, Elizabeth Tepes."

Serretta Optic, Prime Minister of the Elmstacia Empire, introduces the 'two monarchs,' the heads of state, to the delegation. This country has a unique method of succession to the Imperial Throne, known as the "general succession of legitimate children." Therefore, the country is currently ruled by two sibling emperors.

'...Humans!?'

The two envoys are surprised. The man and woman who were introduced as emperors did not have animal ears or body parts, and looked no different from human beings.

"Serretta, please step away from this room. I need to speak with these men."

"Yes, My Lord!"

After the audience, the two emperors and the two envoys met in the emperor's office for a two-on-two discussion.