43

Granger seemed sort of taken aback, but what more did she expect when she suddenly decided to stop him whilst he was clearly in the middle of doing something? He really wished Pansy was there, or Blaise...but...but Blaise betrayed him, and that thought still hurt him. Why did Blaise have to jump his station? Now not only am I going to have to attempt to keep Father from wanting to eviscerate him when he returns, but...but the realization that Blaise dared...it hurts. I wish that he would have just stayed in his lane, it would have made things so much more simple. Instead he had to go and be an idiot Gryffindor about the situation. It was not as though I did not have it handled either, but that merely makes things worse.

"I...I just wanted to talk..." Draco grit his teeth, narrowing his eyes down at the muggleborne. He really did not want to have to deal with her right now. He had no idea why she wanted to talk to him, and he was incredibly frustrated that she would have chosen now, of all times possible...to try and talk to him. He had so many things that he could have been doing now, barring the fact that he was legitimately busy and had to get these letters sent off sooner rather than later, so that he could proceed to the next state of affairs.

"Well if you want to talk just get on with it already. I have things I have to deal with." He said in a frustrated tone, but he was frustrated. There was plenty of time for her to try and talk to him, now was definitely not one of those times. She could have talked to him at any point in time the last week or so and yet she had not, what was it that she deemed so important to speak with him now of all times.

"I just..."

"Save it." Draco hissed, turning on his heel and pushing himself forwards towards the Owlry, having tired of her stuttering words. He did not have the time to wait forever for her to decide she finally wanted to speak on whatever seemed so important so as to interrupt something that he was doing. It was bad enough that he had stopped to even entertain this in the first place, he should not have done so, and had he not been so distantly side tracked and off balance today, he probably would have continued walking no matter what. As it were, the realization that the Second Prince wished to speak with him, to meet up, outside of the Veela realm, it had definitely thrown him off.

He ignored her hollering after him...so undignified. Such behavior was something that one would rarely, if ever, see a Malfoy do. They did not holler, and in fact they rarely shouted. Hissed, growled, snarled, maybe, but shout? Definitely not. His father would have his head should he find out that he had lowered himself to shout at a muggleborn of all people. Barring that, it would not be truly that hard for her to just run up to catch his pace if whatever it was she wished to speak on was that important. Considering such actions were not done, he figured it was not nearly as important as she made it out to be.

He ascended the rather long, if rickety, stairwell to the owlery, and he was beginning to wish he had just called for his owl the next morning instead. There was little more that he could do now. His attempt at a somewhat thoughtful walk had been demolished with that muggleborn ruining it. He wanted to scream. Was it really all that difficult for people to just leave him alone? If he had to start resorting to threats again...Draco had no problem with that. IT would be for the best when his father returned either way. He would suggest people start watching themselves.

He called down two owls and tied the notes to each, sending them off in opposite directions. He would further contemplate on who it was that he intended to bring with him to the Second Prince's little outing, presuming that it was agreed to, but before that he would have to speak with his godfather. He had many things he wanted to ask, but primarily,l he wanted to update Severus on what was going on. It had only been a day or so since they last spoke, but Draco wished it nonetheless. There was much that happened in the day, after all. At any given time this information could be useful to Severus.

Though, his letters to his father, he would keep that silent. Severus already knew, but he did not need to know the extent of what was going on. Particularly since he doubted that his father was even allowed letters in the first place. the only reason that he really was doing it was so that he would not be punished for failing to even try. Granted, assuming his father was not able to actually obtain letters, Draco would likely be punished either way for not keeping in contact, but he could do his best. Even if it was pointless, that was really all Draco had been doing for a while now anyways.

He ran into Granger on the way back down, who was staring at him, a determined glint in her eyes, and he could almost groan from frustration. He swore, he was close to hexing someone, he did not care who it was or what hex, but one wrong move...they would be hexed. he was getting tired of dealing with Gryffindors. They were endlessly annoying, and they took so much energy and effort. He did not have the energy to fake that sort of enthusiasm either, so he merely paused, leaning against the edge of the railing and staring at her with dark eyes.

"What exactly is it that you wish...Hmm?"

"I just want to talk," She said simply.

"No offense, but I am fairly sure that we both know that is a lie. If you just wanted to talk you would not have waited until I was alone, busy, and clearly preoccupied, and nor woul you have waited at the stairwell for me to finish my affairs. So tell the truth, or don't say anything at all, I am not in the mood to wade through your lies." Draco bite back.

"I was just worried." She said simply. Draco stared at her. Worried? For him? It was obvious that this girl had no self preservation, but even still, this was awful. Why would she be worried for him? Most of the Wizemagont clearly would agree that he was the safest that he had ever been now that his father was not around to handle him. As frustrating as it may seem for this girl to accept, he was fine, and even if he was not it was not something she needed to know.

The audacity had his body tensed from the sheer level of frustration rolling through him.

"I will ask again, mudblood," Draco hissed as he glared at the girl. "Tell me what you are really trying to say, be honest, or don't say anything at all. I tire of games, and I do not wish to play mind ones with you."