The Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N Dance

[Albion hospital]

(The patients are almost within touching distance.)

DOCTOR: Go to your room.

(The patients in the ward and the child in the house stand still.)

MADDIE: Go to your room. We mean it. We're very, very angry with you. We are very, very cross. Go to your room!

(The child and the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle away. The child leaves the Lloyd's house and the patients get back into bed.)

Y/N: We're really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.

[The Lloyd's dining room]

(From the window, Nancy watches the child walk away down the street.)

NANCY: Jamie.

(She sits on the floor and cries.)

[Albion Hospital ward]

ROSE: Why are they all wearing gas masks?

JACK: They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone.

DOCTOR: How was your con supposed to work?

JACK: Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con.

MADDIE: Yeah. Perfect.

JACK: The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day. Getting a hint of disapproval.

Y/N: Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did.

JACK: It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty.

DOCTOR: Rose.

ROSE: Are we getting out of here?

MADDIE: We're going upstairs.

JACK: I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it.

Y/N: We'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day.

(A siren sounds.)

ROSE: What's that?

JACK: The all clear.

DOCTOR: We wish.

[The Lloyd's hallway]

(Nancy heads for the back door and is confronted by a boy in a gas mask. He takes it off.)

NANCY: I thought you were Jamie.

[The Lloyd's garden]

(Nancy runs past him.)

BOY: Dad! Dad!

LLOYD: Ruddy kids!

NANCY: Get off of me! Get your hands off me now!

(Mister Lloyd man-handles Nancy back inside the house.)

MRS. LLOYD: Oi, you! Get in! Get her in there. She's nicked!

[Albion Hospital]

JACK: Mister, Mrs, and Miss Spock?

ROSE: Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N?