Ultimate List of Things to Do in Havelock Island

Havelock Island

Havelock Island is the most sparkling jewel on the crown of the awesome Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Havelock Island is now famous as Swaraj Dweep. This white pearly island is a tiny strip of land surrounded by the pristine aqua blue waters of the Andaman Sea, forming miles of uninterrupted coastline. Whether you're visiting to relax and sunbathe or paddle in turquoise shallows, enjoy the water sports like scuba diving or kayaking, you will be experiencing the beauty and serenity of the most renowned crystal clear and palm-fringed beaches.

Things to do in Havelock Island

Havelock may be famous for its beaches, but you would not do it justice if you miss exploring its untouched jungle landscapes. There are so many . But your trip would be incomplete without the following activities-

Things to do in Havelock Island

Water Sports

It is heaven for those who love water sports. You can try your hand at Sea Walking, Parasailing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, and Boat rides. If you are an adventure junkie who wants to explore the underwater then you would love snorkeling, scuba diving, and sea walking. You will be amazed to witness the beautiful corals and the colorful fish.

Trek to Elephant Beach

Elephant Beach can be reached by trekking through the woods. The trekking trail is a path a little less traveled, but if you are a nature lover then you must go to Elephant Beach by trekking.

Enjoy Sunset at Radhanagar Beach

This beautiful beach is ranked as one of the best beaches in Asia. This mesmerizing pearly beach is the favorite beach for relaxation and enjoying splendid sunsets on Havelock island.

Candlelight dinner with your soulmate

Havelock is the favorite destination of honeymooners and you must plan a candlelight dinner under the stars to express your undying love for your better half.

Bird Watching

There are various species of birds that you would find only in the Andaman Islands like the Andaman Serpent Eagle, Andaman Treepie, Andaman Hawk Owl, and the Andaman Wood Pigeon among others.

Game Fishing

Book a sail on a private boat and cast your line and reel in fish. But remember to put the fish back where it belongs. It is the experience that counts.

Try Seafood

Give your taste buds a treat by trying out the different cuisines and the delicious variety of seafood that is available at the local restaurants.

Enjoy Sunrise at Kalapathar Beach

Kalapathar Beach is a quaint yet stunning scenic beach near the Kalapathar village. Early risers can experience a spectacular sunrise here.

How to Reach Havelock Island?

You can by Sea and by Air, however, the most convenient way to visit Havelock is by the Sea. Private and Government ferries operate from Port Blair and Neil Island. However, private ferries have the ease of hassle-free booking. The private cruises generally take 90 to 120 min from port Blair to Havelock.

Why is Havelock Island Famous?

The splendid Havelock Island is the front runner of Andaman Tourism. The island boasts some of the most beautiful spots of with a perfect blend of tropical jungle and white sand beaches. It is also renowned for its marvelous reefs and corals. You can catch a glimpse of joyful swimming elephants, which is a treat for your eyes.

How many days are enough for Havelock Island?We would recommend that you keep a minimum of 2 days for Havelock. You can enjoy Radhanagar beach, Scuba dive, explore cafes and try offbeat activities like Night kayaking and trekking also. If your time permits a comfortable three nights will be perfect to cover all the activities.

How do you travel in Havelock?

Local transport in Havelock Island is quite simple and easy. Roads are good and everything is just by the road and the locals are also very helpful. You can use any of the following options-

Bike/Cycle Rental.

Private Taxi.

Auto-rickshaw.

Ferry Service.

Public Transport.

Can I work from Andamans?

The beautiful Islands are becoming a sought-after destination for working remotely. They have good internet connectivity in resorts, hotels, and cafes. Working in a serene environment always increases your productivity and the backdrop will always be envious of the people whom you zoom call.

Havelock Islands is waiting for you to relax and unwind in its scenic and tranquil folds. Plan a dream vacation and we are there to turn it into reality.