Chapter One: Happy Birthday, Ashley

Hey guys! 

It's been ages since I've been on Wattpad. 
I revisited this book and I really love the storyline and the plot. There were just a few things that I was not happy with. 

First, I am rewriting this book. And it has taken a different turn. I have decided that this will not entirely be a werewolf story. I've taken a different turn with everything. 

Second of all, it will still be the same storyline and everything, but Ashley will be a regular human being before she finds out who she is. I would like to get your opinion on this. I am posting the first chapter of this book, and I would love to know if you guys think this is something I should continue with. 

Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One:
Happy Birthday, Ashley

I touched the stitching of the dress, wondering if I should just run to my room and leave everything the way it is. My jaw clenched and my lips pursed. I took a deep breath and made my way to the living room. This can't be cancelled. Not when I spent weeks planning this out. This was finally going to be my perfect birthday after years, and I was going to make sure nothing came between it.

The cupcakes were on the coffee table, as well as some chips. The main course, pasta, was busy in the oven and all the drinks were ready in the fridge. A small breath escaped my mouth and my fingers tingled.

"You can do this, Ashley." I told myself.

The front door opened, and I smiled as my sister, Faith, walked in from work. She was a supervisor at this high-end shop where rich people roamed around like cockroaches because they're the only ones that can afford anything that's designer.

"Happy Birthday, Ashley!" She smiled as she hugged me.

A wide grin spread across my face as I wrapped my arms around her small waist. The sweet smell of her perfume brought me back to those nights when mom used to read us bedtime stories. The feeling nearly brought a tear down my face.

Faith was the closest thing I had to mom. Even if she wasn't alive anymore, I knew I could always find her back in my sister.
We let go of each other and Faith's black bob hair swooshed a little. Her hazel eyes glinted a little due to the dim ceiling light right above us. It felt like it had been ages since I hugged her again. Letting her go almost made my heart feel heavy.

She made her way upstairs to get herself ready for my 3-people party, since I literally invited 3 people.
After turning off the oven, I walked over to the front door, tapping my foot on the floor and looking outside, wondering when Sam was going to be here. We were going to start at 8 PM, but it was already 8:30 PM and there was no sign of Sam.

A smile crept across my face when I spotted a little boy riding his bike next to his mom. The wet yellow raincoat he was wearing stood out as he giggled loudly along with his mom as she did her best to cover them both with the umbrella she was holding.

Finally, a yellow cab halted in front of my house, and before I could even think, I saw Sam hurry out. She carefully sprinted her way to me with this goofy smile on her face, acting as if I weren't mad at her.
She smiled apologetically and leaned into me like a sloth.

"I'm so sorry for being late! I had to help my brother out with some homework!"

I squinted my eyes at her, but the look on her face just made me forget all of my anger. She hugged me tightly and wished me a happy birthday.