Dorothea pt2 - SJ

- 2 weeks later. Y/n is still in New York and it's near her birthday and Scarlett is getting ready to throw y/n a welcome home party

- based off harry styles Matilda

Your pov:
After I left for London, my contact with my mother was scarce and I was never close to my dad as he was never around and my older brother and I never got along anyway. Scarletts family was like my family and I felt very fortunate.

Scarlett: " hey hey.. (snaps her fingers) earth to y/n"
You: " yes I'm here"
Scarlett: " it's your birthday in a week... is there anything you want to do?"
You: " I was thinking it could just be me and you like old times"
Scarlett: " ok"

I snuggled in tight to Scarlett like the times we always had sleepovers and slowly shut my eyes as she held me close.

You were riding your bike to the sound of "It's No Big Deal"
And you're trying to lift off the ground on those old two wheels
Nothing 'bout the way that you were treated ever seemed especially alarming 'til now
So you tie up your hair and you smile like it's no big deal

Scarletts pov:
Y/n pretends like she's ok with how she has no relationship with her family. I want to throw her a big party but I know that her family don't even deserve to come. Not seeing her in so long means I have no idea who she's close with anymore. I might introduce her to some of the cast, they would love her, I've already talked about her so much.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up, mmh
- 4 days later-

You: " the marvel cast are so nice. I can see why you have been doing these movies for so long now"
Scarlett: " well they loved you too."

She just starts crying and I quickly put my hands on her cheeks.

Scarlett: "Hey hey.... What's wrong"
You: " I'm sorry I left you. I shouldn't have left you"
Scarlett: " hey. We have plenty of time to see eachother now. Stop beating yourself up"
You: " I don't want to be just friends Scarlett. I never have. I love you"
Scarlett: " I love you too y/n/n. Be my girlfriend"
You: " of course"

I pull her into a deep kiss. And we stay with our foreheads touching for a little while.

Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright
But I know that you feel like a piece of you's dead insidе
You showed me a power that is strong enough to bring sun to the darkest days
It's none of my business, but it's just been on my mind

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up

3 days later-
Scarlett: " HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

She lets out a shriek of excitement as she walks into my penthouse and it's filled full of the marvel cast. She runs up to me and hugs me tight.

You: " thank you so much scar. I love you so so much"

(Everyone sings happy birthday and we open gifts and drink the night away with her favourite music in the background)

- time skip-
Everyone is saying their goodbyes and we go over to the sofa and collapse.

You: " tidy up now or in the morning?"
Scarlett: " I'll tidy up, you can go to bed"
You: " nope. I'll grab the bin bags"

We spent ages cleaning and putting stuff in the bin bags. By the time we were finished we look at the time and it was 4am.  I look down at y/n who has taken refuge on the sofa and almost feel sorry for her, she looks so tiny and tired.

Scarlett: "come on sleepy"
You: " please carry me. My legs are broken"
Scarlett: " so dramatic"

I carry her up to bed and we immediately fall asleep.

You can see the world, following the seasons
Anywhere you go, you don't need a reason
'Cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for doing it on your own

Time skip (again I'm sorry)-

Your pov:
The hangover I have awoken too is huge and what is making it worse is the loud annoying ringtone coming from my phone. I look at it and it's an unknown number. Weird.

You: " hello?" (I croak)
Mother: " when were you going to tell me you were back in New York"
You: " mom?"
Mother: " yes y/n who else would it be?"
You: " I got back a while ago? Did you not see the Met Gala?"
Mother: " I didn't. What were you doing there?"
You: " I'm a designer mom? I designed the Met Gala with Anna Wintour. How did you not hear about this?"
Mother: " well when your only daughter cuts you off you tend not to keep track of her"
You: " mom I'm too hungover for this and your guilt tripping goodbye"

I hang up the phone and get up leaving a sleeping Scarlett. I leave a note saying I'm going out for a walk. My mom just makes me so angry. She made my childhood miserable, was never supportive of what I wanted. She wanted me to live the life she wanted.

As I'm walking through Central Park it's quiet and it's a good space to clear my head. I wonder if my mom would recognise me now.

You're just in time, make your tea and your toast
Framed all your posters and dyed your clothes, ooh
You don't have to go
You don't have to go home
Oh, there's a long way to go
I don't believe that time will change your mind
In other words, I know
They won't hurt you anymore as long as you can let them go

Scarletts pov:
I wake up to a piece of paper next to me and I panic. Not again. I read it and it's says:
Good morning mi amour,
I'm just going out for a walk to get rid of this hangover and I didn't have the heart to wake you. I'll be back soon.

Panic over. I look at her bedside table and her phone is still here. Weird. It's still left on she must of just left. She got a call from an unknown number, I recognise it. I grab my phone and have a look and y/n's mom had phoned her. That can't be good. I get up and head towards the spot we used to hang out in, in Central Park.

You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
You can start a family who will always show you love
You don't have to be sorry for doing it on your own

As I get there I see her and she looks stressed. Running her hands through her hair.

Scarlett: " hey."
You: " you were sleeping 20 minutes ago what are you doing here"
Scarlett: "I saw that your mom had phoned and I wanted to make sure you were ok"
You: " I just don't think I can ever forgive myself for what I did to you and my family I cannot stand them. I went and made a name for myself without them. They can't be happy for me. They don't reach out until they see my name in the paper and in my mothers exact words "it's hard to keep track". I was never going to be enough for her"

I pull her in close and we lay there for a minute. And I say:
You can let it go
You can throw a party full of everyone you know
You can start a family who will always show you love
You don't have to be sorry, no

A/n: I ran out of inspo but it's fluffy and yeh. Sorry it took ages I was going through a breakup and exams lol