The Parting of the Ways

[Spaceship]

DALEK: You know the Doctor, Y/N, and Rose. You understand them. You will predict their actions.

MADDIE: I don't know! And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you.

DALEK: Predict! Predict! Predict!

DALEK 2: Tardis detected in flight.

DALEK: Launch missiles. Exterminate.

MADDIE: You can't! The Tardis hasn't got any defences. You're going to kill them.

DALEK: You have predicted correctly.

[Tardis]

JACK: We've got incoming!

(The Dalek missiles strike the Tardis, and there is a big fireball in the vacuum of space. Neat trick.)

JACK: The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk.

DOCTOR: And for my next trick.

(The Tardis materialises around Maddie and the nearest Dalek.)

Y/N: Mom, get down! Get down, mom!

DALEK: Exterminate!

(The Dalek fires and misses. Jack takes out the Dalek with the modified Defabricator.)

MADDIE: You did it.

(The Doctor kisses Maddie. Rose and Y/N give her a hug.)

MADDIE: Feels like I haven't seen you 3 in years.

ROSE: We told you we'd come and get you.

MADDIE: Never doubted it.

DOCTOR: I did. You all right?

ROSE: Yeah. You 3?

Y/N: Not bad, been better.

JACK: Hey, don't I get a hug?

MADDIE: Oh, come here!

JACK: I was talking to them.

(Jack hugs Maddie anyway.)

JACK: Welcome home.

MADDIE: Oh, I thought I'd never see you again.

JACK: Oh, you were lucky. That was just a one shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it's just a piece of junk.

[Spaceship]

EMPEROR [OC]: Patience, my brethren.

[Tardis]

MADDIE: You said they were extinct. How comes they're still alive?

JACK: One minute they're the greatest threat in the Universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space.

ROSE: They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War

JACK: I thought that was just a legend.

DOCTOR: We were there. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords and Ladies, with the whole of creation at stake. Our people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. We almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing.

ROSE: There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What're we going to do?

MADDIE: No good stood round here chin wagging. Human race, you'd gossip all day. The Daleks have got the answers. Let's go and meet the neighbours.

ROSE: You 3 can't go out there!

[Spaceship]

DALEKS: Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!